[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Hidden abilities / undocumented features

Hidden abilities / undocumented features

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Hidden abilities / undocumented features

Postby Nurator on Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am

Slowly the numbers are getting out of sync :D :D :D

29. If an enemy knockbacks you into another enemy, the second one gets damaged by the same amount you got damaged. Resistances reduce this effect. Using Death Protections will let you stay at 1 HP, but the second enemy gets the full amount of damage.
30. You can win the cursed oasis by only killing the cursed dragon on the normal phase. If you are curse immune this level gets a LOT easier by this. Or use 31.
31. IMAWALLing a plant reduces the number of curses you have by 1, even if its the cursed plant!
32. In Gaan Telet, you can activate an altar on the main level and the sublevel you found him. This gives you the possibility to spam plants in an empty sublevel or using remaining walls there aswell.
Nurator

Postby Gakato on Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 am

Gakato

Postby Nurator on Tue May 27, 2014 11:03 am

I will do that when I come back home later :)
Nurator

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 27, 2014 1:27 pm

33. When casting BURNDAYRAZ with heavy fireball, you will get first strike, that ignores even enemies with first strike's first stike, thus ignores deathgaze (If you kill the enemy on your next hit) (Fireball/Gorgon Deathgaze >Enemy w Firststike > Firststrike > Normal Attack)
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby caviar on Tue May 27, 2014 3:49 pm

34. When you summon enemies with lifesteal from within blackspace using the wonafyt glyph, their lifesteal will not activate, giving the glyph a nice niche in wraith/vampire heavy dungeons (as well as the Pan Labyrinth sub-dungeon). This also applies to means of "ranged" blackspace unveiling, such as bludtopowa and lemmisi.
caviar

Postby Lujo on Tue May 27, 2014 4:21 pm

^ For some reason or episode I don't remember anymore I bear a grudge against the little blood sucking imps in Pan's Labyrinth, so every time I find a wonnafyt with that subdungeon around first I feel "a-HAH!" and then I go down and summon them, them going "uh-OH" and me giving them a rightous ding behind the ear. So satisfying.

35. The exact stuff Patches can give you is, I think, +3 gold, +3 life, +1 mana, +4% resist both, +5% attack. I think. He can also poison you, mana burn you, teleport you randomly and reveal an area of the map (and I think that heals you in the process). He can also curse you. I think.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 27, 2014 4:56 pm

35b. Patches cannot curse you, and you will not be healed for the area revealed, tested with goat person. Edit : It may have consumed food while revealing the blackspace, I did not check that. (also seriously, don't pick it on goat person, please... don't!)

36. Converting Taurog's gifts will allways reduce your bonus damage by 10%, even when not workshipping him. (Also, it's techinacaly just -5% bonus damage, cause his boons give +5% bonus damage)

On an unrelated note, I think Elf Monk with Avatar's Codex is my 2cd or 3rd favorite thing now (finaly beat the avatar c: ... with no badges :c )
Lynzkar

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Probary my favorite yet
37. Avatar's Codex will make Whurrbarbl apply maxstacks of burning per hit
Huzzah, this makes the Codex alot better. (Please don't tell me this is a bug of sorts)
Lynzkar

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 27, 2014 8:38 pm

38. Sorcercer's Essence Transit heals after taking damage from enemies (So don't trust your calculations 100% without taking this in conciderations.) (I may be wrong about this, but i somehow died with 8 hp left as the sorcercer, when i used BRNDYRAZ with Avatar's Codex, so I'm asuming this is what happend.)
Lynzkar

Postby Nurator on Wed May 28, 2014 5:28 am

To 37. is awesome oO Can someone break the game with it? Lujo?^^

To 38. No, you did the same thing as happened to me: Your combat prediction says you will kill the enemy. BUT this will only happen because of your mirror shield, triggered by the retaliation. Essence Transit happens when you spend mana, but it was not enough to survive the retaliation :)
Nurator

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons