[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Hidden abilities / undocumented features

Hidden abilities / undocumented features

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Hidden abilities / undocumented features

Postby Astral on Thu May 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Sorry for derailing the topic, I just wanted to mention that there's also one lesser known way to pull off the dragon cannon.

An Orc Transmuter can do it very effectively too, if a lot of things are present. You can either scum for it (lemmisi helps), or at least keep in mind for the next time you get a good chance for it.
You can generate plants with EM, get up to 100% KB with Binlor, bearmace and a lucky subdungeon, and use GG to turn your attacks into magical. Finding a weytwut will also help in positioning the boss. With 2000 CP (sounds ridicoulous, but reachable) a lvl 10 transmuter would deal 100 damage with each plant. If you save enough CP fodder, well timed conversions can add further damage boosts by spirit swords.
All in all, on a map with lot of plants, with a prepped Binlor and bearmace you just have to find GG and maybe a blacksmith subdungeon for this. It's not surprising that this strat is overlooked, when we think how accessible human transmuters are. Still if you'd like to melee down a boss without touching it, this is a fun thing to try.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby dislekcia on Thu May 29, 2014 10:11 pm

That is the craziest thing ever. Now I'm going to keep hoping for that sort of setup every time random rolls me a transmuter...
dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Fri May 30, 2014 12:39 am

Astral, how do you find these things? You ought to change your RL last name to McGyver XD

And speaking of midboggling stuff that involves Astral doing it and a variation of the phrase "what you do, see, is get about 2000 CP or so" - how does the gorgon nerf bait semi-bug lifsteal thing work again? That would make a fine number? Also the infinite loop halfling bloodmage thing which set the bar for craziest thing ever candidate rather high and actually requires remarkably little stuff to pull off? I remember having optimized it to require fewer elements last time you described it but I can't rememebr how even your version went, let alone mine...

43. You can get around 2000 CP (or more) out of a dungeon with some prepwork. People actualy lack a frame of reference on this so it's kind of a number material. The less focused spontanous average is quite lower.
44. If you have double strike and knockback you actually knock the monster through two walls in one click. This can leave you wondering where the bugger went and whether you have in fact vaporized him as well as help provide enough damage to kill a Super Meat Man with a Rogue at lvl1.
(XX?. Has the cap on CP bonus from transmutation seal been mentioned?)
(XX. +1 Has the existance of the fabulous treasure been mentioned, beacause people have historically been oblivious to it's existance...)
(XX. +2 being able to locker the sensation stone is also something that has managed to elude people, now that I think about it)
(XX. +3. also, is the fact that using imawal on XP worthy enemies leaving gold beneath statues been documented?)
(XX. +4. do crusader's ability and extra altar stack, not stack, or stack inconsistently)

and for a deffinite number, the actual list/logic behind which dungeons spawn a secret subdungeon and which don't is someting someone ought to have pinned down a long time ago as it's actually quite important.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri May 30, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Fri May 30, 2014 2:01 am

45. Multiple sources of corrosive strike do not stack.

I stumbled across the legendary Martyr Wraps + Sticky Stick combo and was bummed when I didn't get double the effect.
Sidestepper

Postby Lynzkar on Fri May 30, 2014 5:22 am

I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Gakato on Fri May 30, 2014 12:58 pm

Gakato

Postby Nurator on Sat May 31, 2014 6:59 am

47. The best way to get MA piety is casting IMAWALL on empty tiles. It costs 5 mana, thus giving you 2 piety. But you get 2 mana refunded, effectively giving you 1 piety per 1.5 mana, and not 1 per 2.
Nurator

Postby Lynzkar on Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 am

48. (I'd concider this a glitch/bug) If you have the amulet of yendor, left click on an enemy (with rightclick-to-attack-mode) it will give you the option to use the amulet, together with the health potion and such. If you now go back to your full inventory and use the amulet of yendor there, it will be consumed like normal, but if you now go back to the monster tab, you can use it again, to achive a total of 100 exp boost. (Not sure if I explained this good enough)
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Gakato on Sat May 31, 2014 1:06 pm

Gakato

Postby dislekcia on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:48 am

dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons