Where is my goblin bone?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Where is my goblin bone?

Postby Average Joe on Tue May 27, 2014 1:16 am

I'm a complete newbie to Desktop Dungeons, so forgive me if the answer to this is obvious.

I have just reached the point where I could choose between the Den, the Cave, and Hobbler's Hold.

I chose to try Hobbler's Hold, and the sidebar said that the boss was Lord Gobb, a Goblin, and underneath it said (goblin bone).

This was the monster trophy, yes? Like the goat horns from the previous dungeons?

Well, I managed to kill Lord Gobb, which was satisfying, given his protracted speech about how he would lie in the blood of my wet corpse or something along those lines, but when he died, there was nothing but an exit. There was no goblin bone to take back to the kingdom and wave about in smug fashion. My celebration was somewhat lacking.

What gives? Where is my goblin bone? Are the monster trophies in the dungeons also random, meaning there is only the mere possibility that they may drop from the boss? They don't always?
Average Joe

Re: Where is my goblin bone?

Postby dislekcia on Tue May 27, 2014 9:46 am

Hobbler's Hold is the easiest dungeon in the game, it's designed to give you a place to try out new things and get your confidence up. Because it's so easy (and a good source for items) it doesn't give trophies, so Lord Gobb won't drop a bone there, although he will if encountered anywhere else.
dislekcia

Postby Nurator on Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 am

To answer your question: Now the trophy drops ALWAYS. Hobblers Hold is just a special dungeon, you also cannot earn gold there. Just go to the Den or the Cave and continue this awesome game :)
Nurator

Postby Average Joe on Wed May 28, 2014 1:00 am

Ah, I see. That must be why it says no gold will be earned in there once I have completed one of the harder dungeons.

Thank you for the info. I am enjoying the game very much.
Average Joe

Return to Desktop Dungeons