[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Punchbag Strategy

Punchbag Strategy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Punchbag Strategy

Postby Kami on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Kami

Postby Nurator on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:33 pm

ah ok. but still you get dodges :D so infinite JJ piety :D

EM gives you +4 HP and more DP easily... 15 times is no problem at all. Imawall everything you find :D

So 60 HP from EM is possible. You lose the humility option... maybe you can even get 80 HP out of EM, why not... I will try that tonight :D
Nurator

Postby Kami on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Kami

Postby Astral on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:31 pm

If you'd like to reach insane damage I recommend a human, and here's an easy strat for them:

Prep JJ and reach at least 70 HP/ 27 MP at level 1. You'll need the Fire Heart, LEMMISI, B2P, HALPME and a max mana item to convert...

On long cycles you'll need to cast 34, on short ones 33 glyphs. I made an excel table to show what to do to make it work.
Always cast the glyphs first, and FH later. I indicated with green when to activate it.

When you forget where you are in the cycle just look at your CP and divide it by 3. You can find your table from the remainder value, then find which step you are on by the "normal value".
When casting always keep in mind what is the CP where you need to stop. On most parts it's unnecessary cause you'll see that you can't cast more B2P or HM without wasting anything.
If you screw up something you can corrigate with B2P and FH. While long cycles cost 2 HP, the 2 short ones generate 6 surplus each if you cleverly use FH.

But to make it foolproof you could request a 4th health boost from JJ and your margin of error would skyrocket.
Have fun with it :)
Last edited by Astral on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Kami on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Kami

Postby Astral on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:49 pm

I had different cycles because I use the CP bar as my mana refilling method, and 100 CP "cannot be divided by 3". While starting from 0 CP you need 34 casts to cross 100 CP, after that the leftover CP will make it sure for 2 cycles that you only need 33 casts.
The 2 short cycles could be made identical if the starting HP would be the same. At 70 HP the long cycle creates 2 health loss, so you need more for that. I'm sure at 90 it's not a problem.
Another way is timing FH differently, but I'm too lazy to rewrite it :P
Astral

Postby Nurator on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:07 pm

ah it doesnt work well :( the Statue didnt spawn in the first level on 30 tries... maybe its always in the middle somewhere?

farming JJ piety on VGOT is awful, cant get to 70 HP alone, how the hell do you want to get to 27 Mana with 1 inv slot less?

I wanna see a screenshot^^
Or there has to be something better...
Nurator

Postby Kami on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Kami

Postby Astral on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:11 pm

There are a few tricks to farm piety with JJ. I always prep bearmace so I can play peakaboo with him. If you take 3 weak lvl1 enemies and line them together, then 1 by 1 knock them into blackspace and take a step to reveal them all then you will earn piety really fast. Also this only drains your health, so your mana is free to cast bysseps/gettindare/weytwut for more piety.
27 mana is not a problem, take more mana boosters as a prep, then 4 mana boosts is enough.

Getting enough piety with JJ is not that hard. I have reached 4 health and mana boost with CA several times and had enough piety to convert out as well. Finding gettindare and bysseps help immensely but are not necessary.

Oh and to counter the lost inventory slot always prep compression seal, and don't pick up anything unneeded early. So keep B2P, HM on the ground and only buy stuff from shops at the last minute.
Astral

Postby Nurator on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:06 am

ah the peakaboo tactic is good! I will try that :D

Do you take Petition? The mana burn punishment always kills me...
Nurator

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons