Desktop Dungeons now available via GoG!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons now available via GoG!

Postby Lujo on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Well, nothing to get really worked up about (or even mad at most of the guys there)... Some people loved it, some liked it, some were indifferent, some didn't, and some went on what I presume their usual blatherings about anything about stuff like DRM and greedy devs. As trite as it sounds, and as much as I actually support you guys, it's just the internet. And, it's actually really tame in my own experience. I wouldn't even register this as "overal negative" if I had run into the thread on my own. But then again when people start nitpicking about services which sell or don't sell games I kind of don't pay attention to them in general. I also asume most people don't as well, and that's kinda what the thread looks like to me, bunch of hipsters/trolls poping up here and the rest of the guys just being regular folks. Nothing to worry about at all, especially if all of the serious complaints are bogus (like not being able to make accounts and stuff).

And if "I'm buying it when it's on bulks sale / discount" comments bother you, well, I don't actually know anyone who's ever bought a game besides Warcraft III (for Battle net dota) or Wow except for myself any other way. And I know a lot of folks who bought games. Maybe a few really, really rich guy's kids. In fact, I don't rememer ever getting anything but funny looks whenever I mentioned that I in fact bought a game which wasn't on discount. It's the way of the world, I suppose. "I'm buying it when it's on discount" or "Saving money for summer sale" or whatever is just something you can say for any game and look like you're giving good advice and being "generous", and most of the time means "I'm not gonna pirate this". That's kinda sad, but that's how it works. If a game costs more than what an average game in a humble bundle costs, it's practicly the best you can get from the average gamer / gaming forum dweller.

And as I've said, whole bunch of new people here - I don't know where else you've been peddling this crack but if it's from GOG I suppose it's doing fine.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons