[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons now available via GoG!

Desktop Dungeons now available via GoG!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons now available via GoG!

Postby berpdreyfuss on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:28 am

berpdreyfuss

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Darvin

Postby Dev Null on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:24 pm

Great game; enjoying it so far. I wouldn't stress the minority reaction in GoG - the community over there is generally much better than that, but does get a bit trollish when it comes to anything they perceive as DRM-related. If the individual was too knee-jerk stupid to figure out that that's not what you've built, then their opinion isn't going to carry a lot of weight.

I note that you have a Linux version of the game available; is it possible we will get access to that through GOG?

For anyone else trying to play from Linux, I've got it running under wine, but strangely the only way I can get it to start without crashing is to re-run the GOG installer and hit launch at the end; running the exe directly causes a crash. That's not a complaint - running the Windows version under wine is obviously an unsupported configuration - but possibly it will help other Linux-wine folks get the most out of their Windows copy.
Dev Null

Postby Aequitas on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:36 pm

@Dev Null
Actually, right now GoG doesn't do Linux versions of games. (at least that's what they told us when we offered them our Linux build).

As soon as they do, we'll upload a Linux build there.
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby berpdreyfuss on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:39 pm

berpdreyfuss

Postby Dev Null on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Dev Null

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:13 pm

dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Was that thread deleted? I'm having trouble finding it. Wanted to see how it measures up to moba forums level horrible blind entitlement.

I wouldn't be too depressed by the rest of it, the reviews are all cool, the forums are kinda not very active, there's an obligatory "I don't like the concept of lockers" thread which is kinda unavoidable by default, but there's only one and it got steered towards other, more pleasant stuff. I guess the thread you were talking about could've been dreadful but...

Judging by the fact that I see a lot of new faces around here asking questions and stuff I'd say it went over ok. I was wondering what's up with all the newbies all of a sudden (one's even a girl from my language speakind world, so you ARE reaching people :) )

Don't get depressed by random idiots, there's very little in the game which doesn't sell itself after all the work, and practically only one thing that could piss someone off hard enough eventually to give it bad word of mouth if he/she got got even a little bit hooked. Which is bloody marvelous.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons