[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I think I broke CYDSTEPP

I think I broke CYDSTEPP

All things Desktop Dungeons

I think I broke CYDSTEPP

Postby Kami on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:09 pm

When you are at one 1hp you can youse cydstepp like a warlord. :D

Don't know if you knew that before.
Kami

Re: I think I broke CYDSTEPP

Postby Darvin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Yup, the Warlord is one of the premier physical glass cannons. You want just enough hit points to survive a single hit, then chain repeated death protections for massive damage. It used to be that every class could do this, but the Rogue was horrifically overpowered when running CYDSTEPP and it got changed to be a Warlord-specific thing.
Darvin

Postby Kami on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:01 pm

No no I meant when you are at 1hp max you can youse cydstepp as a non warlord repeatedly.
So making drac angry allows you to youse cydstepp repeatedly.
Kami

Postby Darvin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Darvin

Postby Astral on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 am

It needs a lot of luck, but a fantastic combination is cydstepp + mid-high levels of poison strike. What is even better, the source can give you gettindare too.

In the optimal scenario you're running around with a 7 MP cydstepping, poisonous orc wizard with probably some knockback and a Rock Heart. If you visited Dracul, you could take some sanguine to decrease your HP, take Blood Curse to up your regen and poison as well. Add some lifesteal if resist stacking is not possible.
By using poison you don't need to decrease your health that much, if at all, and you regenerate MP back as well when you do this unique regen fighting. The best thing is, you can ignore your opponent's damage, and since you're regen fighting, his health too :)
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:26 pm

And if you put a Naga Cauldron on a Halfling and find Cydstep and get 2 debuffs on you, every healing potion restores 50% of your health. Which is conviniently the margin for a Cydstep recast. Good times.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:57 pm

If you stay at 1 maxhp you can use a self cannon pretty well :D and dont even have to be a warlord, so 7cp cydstep is no problem :D
Nurator

Return to Desktop Dungeons