[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - On the Horizon

On the Horizon

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: On the Horizon

Postby Kami on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Kami

Postby Astral on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Thanks for the replies Darvin and Kami :)

It's enough for now, we've derailed this topic nicely :P
But if you have some more you really want to share, feel free to send it in pm!
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby The Avatar on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:25 pm

I believe there was a topic on history waaay back when. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Found it! Sidestepper seems to have gotten most of it, but he keeps it to himself. You kind of have to fill in holes.http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2801&hilit=story#p26621
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Astral on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Thanks! :D

Some extra characters
Astral

Postby Lujo on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Can't believe noone mentioned the "slight" detail of monk having 50% resist both innitally? Or the potion jesus thief? Or the gloriously abusable 1 for 1 exchange rate on TT tribute wich let you get "da hack" on the aforementioned monk?

Oh, and thanx Blovski, and you did point me to some fine Dwarves (I used to hate them with a passion because the PQI ran me through an inhuman streak of dwarven assassins and warlords once, I was really sick of them). Yeah, their bonus is pretty common, but they can get very silly with stuff that sinergises with less particular setus and less grind.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Astral on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Wow, many cool stuff. Sounds like the golden age of brokenness.
But I guess it was balanced by bosses being far stronger than current ones, and I heard quite some stories about dungeons like naga swamp. Or what was it called with Ssseth in it?
Astral

Postby The Avatar on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:45 am

Yeah, dungeons have been all over the place. The halls of steel used to be a vicious only dungeon (where normal halls of steel are) that had a non-corosive vicious indomitable as the boss. Oh, and the DP breaking didn't lower damage back then. After that there was the crypt, which had vicious BlahBlah as its boss, and whenever you hit him, he blinked and all of the vampires re-hid themselves. Down in the south there was another dungeon called Deep Swap (if I remember correctly), which had a river that you could only ferry across one way. And there was no change to the placing algorithm, so occasionally, the boss was on the wrong side of the river. In the west there was a grove dungeon who's name escapes me. It had a harder Getandafix as the boss, and he spawned all types of plants (including barbing bushes, which led to some REALLY annoying losses). In the north, I don't think there was an extra dungeon, although it's late and I might just be forgetting it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:03 am

Darvin

Postby Kami on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:42 am

Kami

Postby The Avatar on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Thief used to get full 40% value on both stats from both health and mana potions. It was BRUTAL. TT also used to exchange 10 gold for 10 piety, before people realized it was INSANELY broken.

It's funny how this thread about the future turned into a reminiscence about the past...

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons