[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Gorgon unlocked! (+Gorgon Let's Play)

Gorgon unlocked! (+Gorgon Let's Play)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Gorgon unlocked! (+Gorgon Let's Play)

Postby MTaur on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:04 am

Been playing Desktop Dungeons for a few months now. Pretty tricky going sometimes, but I'm finally at the point where I barely managed to unlock Gorgon. That was an ordeal:

http://www.gog.com/forum/desktop_dungeo ... _city_wins

Elf Warlord, Orc Berserker, and Halfling Priest + Naga Cauldron

I noticed that I couldn't find any videos of people playing as Gorgon, so I went ahead and did a Vicious Token run on a Normal dungeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPDHWKCcILU

I was a little sleepy when I recorded that, and I have to take my time in general anyway... but it's better than nothing?

Anyway, nice game. I definitely appreciated the art for every class/race/gender combination. That must've taken a long time!
MTaur

Re: Gorgon unlocked! (+Gorgon Let's Play)

Postby MTaur on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:16 pm

A couple things I'd like to know about:

1. Are there more Gorgon LP videos out there? I could find literally none. I'm also a bit curious whether this character is good for any of the other Vicious dungeons, but I'm in no hurry to dive into that again just yet. But of all the Vicious challenges, I'm most interested in unlocking Vampire and Half-Dragon.
2. How did you beat Naga City? Did I pick particularly easy/hard classes to do it with?
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:51 pm

To avoid repeating what I said on the GOG forums, I'll talk about one of my favorite combos for completing vicious dungeons: Orc Crusader. This guy is nightmarishly strong if you can boost up his base attack. Using the Crusader's extra altar in addition to a prepped extra altar gives you 5 altars on a regular level (or 2 on the surface of Naga City) which gives you very good chances of getting obscure conversion chain combos. Patches is an easy prep for the Crusader due to his immunity to mana burn and poison, letting him ignore many of the teddy bear's worst pranks while still grabbing benefits. He works well with a wide range of deities, and with his higher number of altars it's virtually unheardof to be forced to go faithless. Finally, Namtar's Ward and quicksilver/reflex potion combos work well on him due to his high-damage approach to combat.

What I really like about him is his consistency and reliability. When clearing out the vicious levels for a new kingdom, the ability to just win even when given a bad hand is really helpful.
Darvin

Postby Kami on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:55 pm

The problem I have with the crusader is his momentum could you give some advice darvin?
Kami

Postby MTaur on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:10 pm

MTaur

Postby Darvin on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Darvin

Postby Kami on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Kami

Postby Darvin on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Darvin

Postby MTaur on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Still, it's really handy to be able to clean up all of the popcorn and then pop a Strength potion. I guess it's not that big of a deal when you can't build 500% momentum no matter what anyway... The old scheme sounds really broken, though. Nice trivia.
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons