[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Class/Race concepts

Class/Race concepts

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Class/Glyph concepts

Postby Kami on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Well without the testing you can't get the feel for the balance. I wanted a class which has to youse every glyph to its potential. Maybe he gains on level up a diffrent glyph.

Another class which I thought would be cool is a pupeteer which can control defeated enemies (with nerfed stats)
but is really weak on its own.
Kami

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:08 pm

20 starting mana + 13 glyphs + refreshment = gg

This guy is hopelessly broken with a Mystera prep.
Darvin

Postby Kami on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:24 pm

Kami

Postby Astral on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Agreed with Darwin.

@Kami: One extra glyph for each level up is even worse, you'd end up with 14 by the end. How about completely new traits and generating those glyphs by the CP bonus: 200 CP gives a random 0CP new one that hasn't appeared before.
If you dislike your glyphs, you can trade 2 for 1. If you just want more you can spend gold on items to convert those. And it still has a positive interaction with refreshment, but it isn't broken.

Btw a class which can't worship gods but gets piety for conversion is quite funny :D
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby secondserpentarius on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:03 am

Do you guys feel that the Gorgon class should have DP instead of it's current resist? Either 2 per level (broken when combined with Plate) or 5 DP. Either way, I sorta want a DP attribute.
secondserpentarius

Postby Astral on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:33 am

I think DR is unreliable in combat. It works on lower difficulty versus weaklings nicely, but on vicious it's meaningless.
So I'm happy gorgons have resistances instead.

What I would like to see is monsters with DR. It would create an interesting hard to fireball opponent.
Astral

Postby dislekcia on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:22 am

dislekcia

Postby Kami on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Kami

Postby Astral on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:35 pm

I intended these monsters to be regenfighting punishers, so they would not follow meatmen stats and their DR would be quite high (but scale with level). I will look into my old monster ideas, I had various different builds for them. One of them was a new monster type - bugs - no xp melee monsters with really high DR but close to 0 health, some had abilities as well. At low levels they were practically magic immune and could tank physical hits, but utility glyphs could move them away. At sufficiently high levels they were killable.
Astral

Postby Kami on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Kami

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons