[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Class/Race concepts

Class/Race concepts

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Class/Glyph concepts

Postby MTaur on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:41 am

MTaur

Postby MTaur on Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Anyway, Troll is sort of a Tinker-Monk-Assassin. Some early big kills could get him up in levels early, but not being able to level up on popcorn could be an issue for boss fights. Maybe when he collects tolls, there should be a 10% chance per monster level of getting a potion instead? This class is admittedly very lopsided, but I would be reluctant to axe any of the features due to theme reasons.
MTaur

Postby MTaur on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:48 am

MTaur

Postby Nurator on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Something we havent tackled at all is Revive. Maybe something like this:

Immortal:
BODILY SHELL: Has 2 DP, but can not get any through outer means. With 2 DP intact, +50% attack, but -1MaxHP per attack
BRAAAAINS: With 1 DP, set MAXHP to 20*level, always slowed
GHOSTLY INSIDE: With no DP left, set MAXHP back to 10*level, gain 50% physical/magic resist and immune to poison/manaburn, but -50% attack
Nurator

Postby flap on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:09 pm

I don't remember if I suggested that already or not. But a new "class" could be "dual heroes" : you send 2 heroes (of any class) in a dungeon and can switch from one to the other.
One the one hand, it would mean much more flexibility with gods, ressources, monster choice... But with 2 heroes, XP would be much more scarce. Maybe the hero killing a monster should get 100% of XP, and the other half of it.

I wonder how manageable would the extra complexity be for the player (and developer too...).
flap

Postby Kami on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Kami

Postby MTaur on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:02 pm

The resurrections do play on a theme that DD brings up more than once, so that's a strong possibility. Lots of weirdness there, too. I'm not sure potions/Halpmeh should be elligible, though. There's a lot to tinker with there.

I had an idea a while back of a reincarnating Samurai who levels down at full health when killed, and only dies by reaching Level 0. Or something like that. XP to next level remains unaffected, etc. It might be too goofy, though. Stacking items would be strong, and Goblin might be weirdly good, but I'm not sure. Also, Cydstep is probably banned outright, or wipes your current XP at the very least. No three-trait class breakdown atm, though.
MTaur

Postby Kami on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Kami

Postby MTaur on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:40 pm

MTaur

Postby Kami on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Kami

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons