[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Class-specific lockers?

Class-specific lockers?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Class-specific lockers?

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 am

Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:11 am

On the brighter side the sight of that screen with random preps dislekcia teased with had me perk up quite a bit. Not sure where it's going really, but a chance of getting a random prep selection which includes various junk which may or may not be in your locker... well, lets all not vocalize our conclusions and musings on the implications until it actually happens. But I wish I had an even number of digits on every appendage so keeping them all crossed at the same time would be less of a hassle.

I would however be quite disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be what it looks like. Not that it matters XD
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby sitnaltax on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:50 am

Oh wow. This discussion has just reminded me that I might be able to take some progress on that killer Triple Quest 3 by vetoing useless-for-it shop items to maximize my chances of important finds like Dragon Soul, Soul Orb, Platemail, and Balanced Dagger (if I decide to prep the Dragon Shield instead).

Agnostic's Collar, in particular has to go, because it's 100% useless for TQ3. Then I'll try to hit a few other items that, while they might be acceptable on an ordinary run, are totally useless for this--Mage Plate, Tri-Sword, Vampiric Sword, etc.
sitnaltax

Postby Blovski on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:44 am

Given I play almost everything purist rather than prepped nowadays it's not nearly as relevant to me as it once was. Personally i think the buyable extra lockers were an OK compromise. As Astral notes, the presence of non-shop items (Sensory Stone, Dragon Shield etc etc) complicates things a bit.
Blovski

Postby secondserpentarius on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Would a decent compromise allow you to prep items to be bought from shops? (Oh hey, I'm going to prep Dragon Shield so I can buy it in the dungeon.)
secondserpentarius

Postby MTaur on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:03 pm

MTaur

Postby Kami on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Viciuos items have a reason why you cant buy them. Having a naga cauldron and codex with a gnome would be really broken,
as is Namtars ward with Dragon shield and orc rogue.

There are items which give you a bost but it shoud not give you a broken bost.
Kami

Postby Astral on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Prepshops would be even crazier if we take into account there's a scroll for stealing.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby MTaur on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:31 pm

MTaur

Postby Astral on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 pm

There's still a problem with Vicious shops. You can prep a 2 item combo this way, which is currently (rightfully) impossible.
Think about Whurgarbl/Platemail + Codex on a Monk. Or Health Keg + Cauldron on an Orc Priest.

And if you made it so that only a Vicious Shop or regular item is preppable, then the VS is clearly inferior.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons