Interacting with enemies on mobile devices

All things Desktop Dungeons

Interacting with enemies on mobile devices

Postby GoatBot on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:35 am

GoatBot

Re: Interacting with enemies on mobile devices

Postby Nurator on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:01 pm

Interesting. I would have made quite a different approach :D

I thought, the right click menu would be your choice. I mean like, you click on an enemy, then a circle of possibilities appear around the enemy. If you drag attack/fireball/whatever, a prediction appears. If you drag it to the enemy, the action is executed.

But the drawer thing looks cool :D I dont know if its intuitive enough^^
Nurator

Postby TheSchachter on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Interesting! I'm really looking forward to trying this out, though I get the feeling that mobile Desktop Dungeons is going to make all other portable gaming obsolete for me... :P
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Gakato on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Looks promising! Can't wait to also play DD on the go :D
I wonder if all these mobile changes will also have an impact on the desktop version or are these changes mobile only?
Gakato

Postby dislekcia on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Gakato wrote:Looks promising! Can't wait to also play DD on the go :D
I wonder if all these mobile changes will also have an impact on the desktop version or are these changes mobile only?

The game is being updated on PC as well, so things like the enemy selection changes will be carried across, but not 100% the same as on mobile.
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:40 pm

dislekcia wrote:The game is being updated on PC as well, so things like the enemy selection changes will be carried across, but not 100% the same as on mobile.

Hopefully with a menu toggle, the same as you did with that drag feature. Mouse-over works way better in a PC environment than a two-stage selection process, and I don't want to be bogged down by it personally.
Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:44 am

Darvin wrote:
dislekcia wrote:The game is being updated on PC as well, so things like the enemy selection changes will be carried across, but not 100% the same as on mobile.

Hopefully with a menu toggle, the same as you did with that drag feature. Mouse-over works way better in a PC environment than a two-stage selection process, and I don't want to be bogged down by it personally.

The toggle options will stay the same. The thing that's getting replaced is the right-click selection UI on PC. That's just the standard interaction mode for enemies on mobile ;)
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons