[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - How is QCF Doing?

How is QCF Doing?

All things Desktop Dungeons

How is QCF Doing?

Postby CoolBoy on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:03 am

Sorry if this has been asked to death, but how is the company doing? I read an article a little while ago that charted the sales figures of DD based on the Steam store layout changes and was pleased to see you were making money. With the mobile versions coming out and everything, is it safe to assume you will remain a company?

I'm not asking what (if anything) you have planned next. Rather, I'm curious as to the status of the company based on the release of your first title. I'm hopeful you keep at it and wish you all the best for this upcoming holiday season.
CoolBoy

Re: How is QCF Doing?

Postby Squidcor on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:09 pm

We're doing just fine thanks :)

Everyone is still working full-time on the mobile version of the game, which we honestly can't be done with quick enough :P

After that we have a period of prototyping planned where we'll make a bunch of things and post them on the internet whilst trying to figure out what our next game will be. So yes, it is safe to assume we will continue to exist :)
am developer
Squidcor

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Hey, another member of QCF. Care introduce yourself to us, Squidcor?
Darvin

Postby Squidcor on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:22 am

am developer
Squidcor

Postby CoolBoy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:48 am

Thanks for the response and update Robbie. I'm delighted you and your team are doing well. I've also bookmarked your link on Tom Sparks, it looks great and I like the art style.

I've just earned a bachelor's degree in business management to go along with a certificate in game art and design. Sadly, I don't have a passion for "art" and I've only just got my first taste of programming using Visual Basic. Essentially, I don't know where I'm heading, and gaming may or may not remain simply a hobby for me in the future. Long-story short, I'm envious of your job. Lol. :lol: (Yes, I seriously just wasted a paragraph for a moan-inducing joke. :roll: )

Welcome to the community. I foresee QCF becoming another Frozenbyte, a smaller studio churning out nothing but gems.
CoolBoy

Postby dislekcia on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Y'all should totally play the game Robbie made during the recent Ludum Dare:
http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-3 ... &uid=47204
dislekcia

Postby Blovski on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:50 pm

It being Christmas and all - a massive thanks for making this colossal delightful time sink - have a good one all of you (devs and forumites alike) :D
Blovski

Postby Astral on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:29 am

Yeah, without a doubt this game is my favorite of all. So 1000 thanks for the devs for creating it, and I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas as well! :)
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Return to Desktop Dungeons