[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here's what I think of Goblins:

Here's what I think of Goblins:

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Here's what I think of Goblins:

Postby Tinker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:46 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:19 am

@Lujo (RE: Textwall)

Ok. I actually read it. First of all, you really oughta go Wiki or something, with all this typin' and all, there would be no stubs left anymore! :)

Anyway. I did read all the stuff and I even agree with most of it. That said, Goblins are easy to overlook also because their main thing - bonus XP - can be more easily attained via preparations or careful play, than any other racial bonus. It's not because bonus XP is not important - it's because it's so important, that you need to find strong solutions for it no matter what you play. So if you anyway have a setup that works for you, with enough freebie for ad-hoc levelling, and generally enough juice to reach optimal level for the bossfight and maybe even squeeze a level-up or two during, Goblins just make it run all the smoother, and let you play more conveniently, but don't make you, like, "wow I do 250 damage", or "wow I can cast 7 fireballs with my base mana", or "wow 300 Health", or something.

Maybe it would be very different perception if stats wouldn't max at Level 10.
Tinker

Postby Astral on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:55 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:46 am

Tinker

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons