[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Any hope for a tweak patch?

Any hope for a tweak patch?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Any hope for a tweak patch?

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:37 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:47 pm

Well, I went to put this in the brag thread, but Tinkers whurgarble-o-mancer more pro-active take on the JJ Dwarf Monk shennanigans looks so good (and it's also a non-gnome brag from her :) ), so I'll just put it here because it's related to Pactmaker:

(Check the big picture for something you probably don't see often, a monster Dwarf Tinker)

That guy got just one single Scholars Pact activation... and killed both bossess with it. As in, literally, killed 2 VT bossess with it. The preps were really light and cheezeless, and it was a Drac-into-Taurog and not the other way around, with Platemail, Troll Heart and Draco's Heart in it for good measure (so my inventory looked nothing like this throughout the run), but that's the kind to thing Scholar's Pact is.

I mean, I've played halflings up and down on this playthrough, prepped, PQI, VT, regular, whathave you, and I should've taken WP at least bloody once because the effect is reasonably sinergistic with them, but since you can't prep PM you always solve your health game (if you want) ASAP and they, the ideal WP guys, simply get way more out of Alchemist Pact.
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:42 am

I don't think Warrior's Pact is all that bad: http://i.imgur.com/BDjacH4.png
By the way, Lujo you were right, Halfing Berserkers really work like a charm: http://i.imgur.com/RL87ijI.png
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:08 am

^ Well, you guys confirmed the proper use for the Warrior's pact, I'm just annoyed at how Scolars and Alchemist kinda (not kinda, but 4realz) steal the spotlight. I'm actually looking to try it out a bit now.

And that guy was very obviously parched on a Berserker-Friendly map. Although what you have in your inventory is basically either a ton of Drac piety or a dead phys damage boss or 2 magic damage ones. Or with that much health, basically the entire Naga City basement with no exploration. Important thing though, is that you don't really need the Orc damage, but you get all the shenanigans, spiking and glyph use flexibility, like this little honey badger did:

Got that Rock Garden VT done the sensible way. Which, it turns out was Stoneskin Spam and a jaunt at JJ and not even touching Drac (in fact I desecrated him for Stoneskins). The little bastard not only works, he's incredibly flexible. I was Wheytwutting stuff around all game long, still didn't stop me from madly spiking everything everywhere, and I not only got into JJ, got Chaos Avarar and a health boost, but got back out and kicked mad ass in Binlor. No Stone Heart, either. I'll write it up in the thread.

Notice an important prep slot not used ^^
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons