[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Something Darvin said about Drac...

Something Darvin said about Drac...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Something Darvin said about Drac...

Postby Lujo on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:54 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:21 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:37 am

^ Which is a fine interpretation allthough I'm not sure it's the intended one, tbh. GG was kinda supposed to reward monotheism, and give you a hard time about getting piety for the big payoff. I think the devs said this explicitly once (the acronym PITA was used). Not sure what the exact intention for Drac was, but the whole sanguine thing was a result of a rework.

What happened after both of them got reworked (but I'm not sure intentions for them changed) is that GG got the breezy worship paired with a lacklustre payoff, and Drac ended up with what GG worship was supposed to be like but with better payoff (which you can also get with no Drac worship).

Something deffinitely went wrong somewhere, or something changed about the intentions.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby MTaur on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:28 am

MTaur

Postby TheSchachter on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:08 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Tinker on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 am

Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:45 am

dislekcia

Postby Astral on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:19 am

I generally use Enlightenment the same way as Tinker. Rush it with conversions, and enjoy the more powerful protections later. I only bother with bead collecting if I find an early unprepped GG, or when I play a Paladin.

My only beef with Dracul is that life steal already has it's powerful downsides, the prep penalty makes it even worse and unreliable. Add in that lifesteal is an expensive boon, and only starts to matter when you stack multiples of it, it really limits the potential of the boon.

Also Dracul gives you no bonus on joining. I understand that he's a lategame god, but all the other gods give you something, or work very well as a lvl1 find. A costless +1 lifesteal would be amazing, but unfortunately abusable with monks. So how about +5% starting sanguine? It's even double-edged, if you don't mind your steps you waste your precious bloodpools.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Blovski on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:44 pm

On the Enlightenment discussion, I just don't see how Absolution stacking + Enlightenment measures up to the much more convenient Chaos Avatar with piety gains, piety costs and late-game punishments being what they are. In a few longer scenarios or with Paladins and Goatpersons it works out alright but I'm not a huge fan in general.
Blovski

Postby Tinker on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons