Triple Quest 3: a plea for help

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Triple Quest 3: a plea for help

Postby Kami on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:10 pm

The wraiths appear in 3-2.

I tried finding a system but it is completly random.

I don't veto things it is against the spirit of the game.

I think Venom dagger is really god for the magic res boss in 3-2

The Vampiric blade can be great for 3-3.
Kami

Postby sitnaltax on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:07 pm

I get your point about not vetoing things. I don't for regular dungoneering either, because I love the "make the best of what you get" approach to DD. But the Triple Quest is a different, specific set of constraints. The Agnostic's Collar is exhibit A: there's only one altar per level, so a shop that stocks it is a shop that might have sold you Platemail or a Balanced Dagger or a Dragon Soul.

The idea of taking the Vampiric Blade into 3-3 had never occurred to me. I had vetoed it because it offends GG, but as a paladin you can kind of get away with offending GG, and it sure would be nice with resist stacking. Hm.

I had similarly written off the Venom Dagger because although it's, as you note, fine in 3-2, it's offensive to GG in 3-3. Money is so tight that I try not to invest in things that won't be useful across both 3-2 and 3-3. If you're already offending him with blood magic, though, might as well go all the way with poison. :)

At any rate, good luck and good hunting! You definitely have different strategy ideas than I was using, which is not surprising; a lot of the veter1ans here seem to have very different styles. I would love to see the report of a bloodsword-wielding paladin finishing off 3-3.
sitnaltax

Postby Kami on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:48 pm

The second part hates me really hard today. Uncovered two thirds of the map before leveling.
Ran out of blackspace. :evil:

The problem with the third part is that you have to be a high level and the enemys are so unfriendly with: cursing, weakenig, blinking , deathprotections and reviving.

By the way you can bypass all the avatars and directly fight the final boss.
Look for the thread: Question about the libary.
Kami

Postby sitnaltax on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:10 pm

3-3 probably does require a little bit of luck with the enemy loadout. Sometimes I felt like I was steamrolling; other times it felt like I was struggling just to ding 6. On the other hand, you're walking in with Skullpicker, 58% physical resist (if you brought that armor), and either a 150 cp glyph or some other useful item, so killing a Djinni or (especially) Demon Armor shouldn't be too hard. I am clearly a Balanced Dagger partisan; if you prep Quest Items it has three chances to show up, and that makes seeing a Level 2 Cultist a lot nicer. It definitely helps stretch your blackspace resources.

That trick to teleport straight onto the down stairs is pretty amazing. That would certainly be an unorthodox win! 3-2 would certainly benefit from a couple uses of the Ledger. Then you need to get lucky with the teleports in 3-3 and then manage to gain enough offensive power to punch through the boss.If you could guarantee that the teleports would eventually work, I'd give it a shot.
sitnaltax

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons