[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Favourite non- Tier 1 combinations?

Favourite non- Tier 1 combinations?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Favourite non- Tier 1 combinations?

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:47 pm

A standout bit of info here is the Bloody Sigil helping with this. Ho-le-wow. Because this whole thing technically breaks JJ HARD. Sounds like double or even more (or possibly a lot more) than what I'm used to seeing.

It might not be too murderous on a bloodmage because it drains blackspace (fat chace, JJ Bloodmage is silly even without it), but JJ halflings could cheeze so much health out of this it's not even funny.

JJ Halfling Priest with Cauldron, anyone?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:19 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Not a build or anything just a random bit of sillyness I did on a new profile - I took the poisonus ham thing you get from a subdungeon into a dungeon on a priest and scored a troll heart immediately due to not really having anything else unlocked. I also prepped GG so I get 2 piety for being poisoned, lol.

Good grief did I have a lot of health per level XD Wasn't a dwarf, though and I didn't absolve anything, but I was a semi-healthmonster anyway ^^
Lujo

Postby MTaur on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:24 am

Gnome Berserker with Trisword, anyone? Because even basic combat buffs are too expensive... X-D

Ok, so that's admittedly well below Tier 1... It's an Unlikely Heroes quest. You could throw in a Mystic Balance if you wanted to get really weird and hybridy with it, though. Not that it would actually be good AFAIK. "Good enough for normals", or something - but so is just ignoring the racial altogether. X-D
MTaur

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:41 am

^ I'm so doing it! Been underplaying gnomes so much it's criminal, that sounds about exactly what I was looking for :) Where's the quest at? Hmmmm, I smell a VT opportunity if I can think up a good angle ^^ (Not sure there is one though, but I've been surprised before)

(Need to unlock the trisword first).
Lujo

Postby MTaur on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:23 pm

MTaur

Postby caviar on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:39 pm

caviar

Postby MTaur on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Orc Wizard Binlor for Pisorf spam. But the RNG could screw you up on the boss fight...
MTaur

Postby The Tapir on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Similar to Astral's goblin Monk of Dracul, decided to try out a goblin rogue of GG and patches. Reason being: Absolutions and Cleansings for health or dealing with debuffes from patches give enough beads that the extra piety from being debuffed, converting random glyphs and shop junk (thanks to gold from patches), and leveling through conversions make enlightenment very much obtainable in a way that can give more benefits than just the 5 mana. Haven't tried taking him through a VT run yet, so I'm still unsure about how he'll hold up there.
The Tapir

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons