[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Another bloggy playthrough diary :)

Another bloggy playthrough diary :)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Another bloggy playthrough diary :)

Postby Tinker on Tue May 12, 2015 11:31 am

Lujo, the way I understood dislekcia's explanation in the PQI thread, PQI does not look at your history of what you played. i.e. it does not actually give you least played combinations. How it works is:
1. pick a dungeon (normally least completed dungeon, except the Gaan-Telets, Vicious dungeons get appear less often initially and more often close to 100% completion)
2.a. pick a class (if any classes are missing, pick one of those; if all classes are completed, pick any one random class except Goatperson)
2.b. (for non-monster classes) pick a race (from a class-specific short list of races, i.e. Thief is always Goblin because that's the only race on the short list; Warlord is either Dwarf or Halfling, because these are the only two options; Wizard is either Halfling or Orc; etc.).
3. pick a badge (if any badge is missing, pick one of those; if all badges are completed, pick any one random badge except VT)

Which is quite liberating in a sense because how much you play something will not influence PQI at all (except, as for what's already completed for the specific dungeon). So you can play Gnomes or any race you fancy for completion / flaming runs, it won't impact PQI!!! :lol:

(food for thought: it might be a good idea for some more experienced player(s) to do class-race combo badge hunting tips for the PQI combinations...)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Tue May 12, 2015 11:51 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Astral on Tue May 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Here's Tinker's list from the PQI thread:

Tier 1
Fighter - Elf, Orc
Thief - Goblin
Priest - Elf, Gnome, Halfling
Wizard - Halfling, Orc

Tier 2
Berzerker - Gnome, Elf
Rogue - Goblin, Halfling
Monk - Goblin, Elf
Sorcerer - Goblin, Dwarf, Halfling

Tier 3
Warlord - Halfling, Dwarf
Assassin - Halfling, Dwarf
Paladin - Dwarf, Orc
Bloodmage - Halfling, Goblin

Explorers
Tinker - Goblin, Gnome, Dwarf, Orc
Crusader - Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome, Orc
Transmuter - Dwarf, Halfling, Orc

Audit Zeppelin
Chemist - Human

Just to mention, the PQI can deviate from the listed races every now and then as dislekcia told it.

Since the PQI can pick any combination over a very long period of time, people who assume every combo crops up won't find the patterns, after all their assumption gets 'proven' eventually. If you play a mix of PQI, flaming and regular runs instead of streaks, it's even harder to notice it.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Tue May 12, 2015 1:57 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Astral on Tue May 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Astral

Postby berpdreyfuss on Tue May 12, 2015 3:01 pm

berpdreyfuss

Postby Astral on Tue May 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Hm, you're probably right :P

Btw, Transmuters can be Human too.
Astral

Postby Lujo on Thu May 14, 2015 11:48 am

So on my quest for gold and possible VGT rainbows, I did the following stuff, here's yesterday's daily and a lot of PQI stuff (some done where it was supposed to be done, and some on flames):

This was the Dwarven BM daily, I was just over too quickly to even convert stuff. The following Rat daily knocked off my streak, but that's fine, I missplayed it and the Rat's too swingy for my tastes anyway.

---

And here's a Dwarf Sorcerer doing much the same thing, except I did convert stuff to back up the Vinforms.

---

Then I decided to have some fun and VT a flame with a PQI combo from elsewhere. Need to get them goldz!

---

And then another VT PQI transfer, hit the sweetspots with conversions, played a mean ole Berserker, with a Mage Plate + Flames finish, to compliment the Mystic Balance rush. Made good use of Imawal too, as I didn't go full-orc on it, I just rushed the correct thresholds.

---

This was another Vineform game - I don't actually do that on purpose, it just happens. I followed that with entanglements, and even some greenblood for the end fight. Imawal was, ofc, golden.

---

Another PQI transfer, the, by now, classic GG Goblin Monk. With Martyr Wraps, ofc.

---

Well, it was a NL PQI, unstoppable if I'm not much mistaken, and that meant Pissorff spam.

---

This one's actually the latest one, they're not chronological, actually, since I just got into a habit of screenshotting my runs so I have a batch from a few days of playing. Default Pissorf, with the omnipresent Goblin Thief. It's his default thing, really, what with him being a Thief and it being good for leveling you up, but he can, apparently, really do anything non VGT.

---

Yep, there was a GG there. Turned out pretty damned well.

---

Then a PQI moved to flame with VT added, also another spontaneous Vineform game.

---

Eh, as much as I don't like VS, I got to play a bunch of these guys, but rarely with a non-constrictive badge (warmonger, parched, hoarder etc), so I thought I'd enojy myself and kick some ass with a no-reason-to-pick Warlord and see where it gets me. In fact, I think this was the first one, even before the last batch, and this one started off the casual 5-or-so Vinform thing (I've done it before just not in a while). I did it here for easy time with Indomitable, and then I just kept going with it.

---

Well - all these are consistent with what we've got on the "PQI combos", but are also perfectly consistent with my "least played" stuff if the PQI is taking all of my histroy into account when detemining the pools. I'd be more surprised if the stuff was pre-set rather than dynamic though. The overall global stat page is so drowned with noise from most people not playing past the kingdom early game that "most people not playing past the early kingdom" was pretty much the only srious conclusion that could be taken from it, and I'm kinda sure that if the pools are created by picking from someone's least played stuff while taking all of thier history, the result would look very much like it was a "pre-determined fixed pool", with no humans unless the class was added later. But then again, maybe it was changed to a pre-determined pool precisely because of this, as the alternative would mean making a global stats tracking system which produced less useless results.

What I'm getting from the PQI seems to be consistent with my historical playing habits, and barring the Goblin Sorcerer (which I only ever did a lot of VT runs with but haven't otherwise played all that much) most of the stuff I underplayed but then got comfortable with is out of my PQI, and it used to be in it. The most prevalent stuff I get is Halflings and Goblins, and that makes perfect sense, because I avoided their power gods and they're too general-purpose to ever make sense as something you prep (allthough you might find them brutal in-run), and halfling builds take having halfling things handy outside of a few cases and my locker was always cemented so I never played them much because I always had preps for other things.

Not saying it's impossible that's it's a pre-determined pool, I could be wrong.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons