[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Another bloggy playthrough diary :)

Another bloggy playthrough diary :)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Another bloggy playthrough diary :)

Postby Tinker on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:58 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:15 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:24 pm

I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Lujo on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:42 pm

PoS = Pissorf Spam. For full synergy go Orc with Crystal Ball, say Wizard, and prep Binlor for Pissorf. Swap into whatever refills you. Use leftover resources to take on Avatar.

Remove some walls with Binlor to open up the Secret Sub and for ease with moving the djins, move the one in the top right next to the one in middle tiright, the same with ones on the left, and finish off the southern one with fireballs once killing the other ones has leveled you up. (You can start the fight at lvl 4 comfortably amd just pissorff the djinns into each other minding not to slap the one with Phy into something but the other guy into him). Then just deal with the avatar with what you have left. I ussually start the fight at lvl1, and if you have wheytwut you can just move all the djinns to one spot and PoS them all down easily.

Any ding happy Orc should be able to do it for sure, Fighter, Assassin, Sorcerer, Thief, Rogue whatever. You don't have to be an Orc, they are just the most straightforward. I'm only missing the rat and the assassin there on this playthrough and most of the wins there were done that way with various things.
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:25 pm

Oh wow... That made it simply too easy.
Orc Wizard Victory (Victory on first try)

Orc Theif Victory (victory on second try)

Orc Sorcerer Victory (victory on first try)
Lynzkar

Postby Lujo on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:30 pm

I've been telling you guys, it's reather easy to pull off anywhere. Orcs are even overkill ^^ So's CB XD. 16-ish mana, pissorff and refills (usually dings, anyone can do that), everything else is mostly optional, map, badgess, class, race, gods (post Binlor), whathave you. That just toggles how much advantage you walk in with or start the fight with, but that's the way you use that glyph.

Enjoy the rat :)

Btw, lovely time on those runs :)

(Btw, the only place it doesn't necessarily work so well is when the layout is like Dragon Isles, there you're a bit dependent on the RNG. Still, you get into the hang of it, it's fine even there, and it's not like you can't use both it and fireballs at the same time, there's no actual buildup for PoS. If you mean to use it against the Matron instead of Fireballs, though, just remember not to kill the last Dragonguard in a row, but to push him forward so you can use him as a "Wall Troll". If you have wheytwut you can move the guys to the side and kill them by slapping the maton into them, but Dragon Isles are one place where I don't actually vouch for the glyph. On the other hand, it's about as stupid on Bloodmages as it is on Wizards, and that place has a lot of B2P fuel in the basement and it's probably easier to just add PoS to your mele stuff rather than fireballing the Matron (not that that can't be done, with Codex especially). You are a bit RNG screwed i the Firstborn spawns in a corner far from anythign else, though.

Two other places where it's tricky is the Labyrinth because Rex jumps around when you munch on popcorn, he's easier to take out with fireballs, but it's a fun bit of a challenge to play "interactive soko trolls", and the other place is Western Jungle of all things because the boss spawns stuff and it can mana burn you. Doubledoom has the same layout as Dragon isles. That's that, everywhere else it just mops the floor with anything.).
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Last edited by Lynzkar on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynzkar

Postby Lujo on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Yep. Well, as much as you can call it a strategy, it's just spamming pissorff incessantly after possibly moving a few things around. It's good anywhere but where I just listed. It's pretty brutal on Namtar's Lair in particular if you just slap Namtar into stuff. I mean, it's not really a strat, it's what you do when you want to use Pissorff to beat a map for whatever reason. You find a Pissorf and there's something to help refill on the board, if you've prepped extra mana or have something to help with that a tiny bit, you can ussually do it on the fly (especially if you run into the CB). It's like when you take 2 steps into a purist run, see Mystera and Fireball and decide that's what you wanna do, but with Pissorf this is what you try to do if you find it and say, Elven Boots or EM, or the CB, or just feel like that's the ticket. It's how you get the most out of the glyph in the vast majority of possible cases.
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Fri May 01, 2015 1:04 pm

So that didon't take to long. And I would say PoS qualifies as a strategy.

Orc Wizard Victory (victory on second try, forgot to take screenshot)

Orc sorcerer victory (victory on second try)

Orc Theif Victory (victory on third try) (yendor made this really easy, and I could jus rush through)
Lynzkar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Congrats! Well, you'd say that now because you didn't really know about it before so you didn't try it with random stuff when you just ran into it mid-run. On stuff other than orcs and without the ball. After a while you figure out how little of what looks like sinergy it actually takes. I'm not gonna put it in some specific strategy section, or on Sorcerer/Thief/Asssassin/Fighter/Rogue/Wizard/Bloodmage/Transmuter/Gorgon/Rat/Paladin section, or the Orc/Elf/Gnome/Goblin/Dwarf/Human section just because they can roll anything with it (as can anyone) I'd put it in the glyph section. You haven't even tried the bloodmage with it, he's about at nuts as wizard, and when you see it work on a halfling warlord with no ball (so no sinergy whatsoever) you know what I'm talking about. 16 mana, a basic glyph and doing what sayes on a glyph does not make it a strat, it just makes it how you use the glyph. A Fighter or Assassin don't even play it any differently than they'd play fireball, it's just that if you have Pissorff you get more damage if you move a few things around.

Oh, and Goat obv. I just prepped up a TT Goat for Naga City with little indication that I'd be going PoS (was for food and lvl 10 topside), just found Pissorff on the ground, the Ball in the shop and a way to get 16 mana (Hero's Helm), guess what I used to beat the dungeon? There's nothing specific about it, it's just glyph spam and refills, and how much refills and what kind you need/have depends on the difficulty and what the PQI sayes.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons