[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - VGT Assistant Tool

VGT Assistant Tool

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: VGT Assistant Tool

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:07 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Astral on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:27 am

If I can give a tip, it's that using a Human Rogue benefits you more. Early game absolutions will take care of your health, around the midgame you should be focusing on resist stacking which is far more important than further health.

First floor GG is def the way to go. I have tried many other things, nothing gives this much health. EM will cost you more popcorn and apart from raising health she can't do much for your. Binlor's stoneskin spam seems like something that could work, but eventually you will always run out of walls. Also worshiping him is quite a hassle, costs you quite some blackspace.
The main thing you should be looking for when playing VGT is saving as much balckspace as possible and killing monsters in the sub soon. This doesn't combo well with exploration based piety generator gods.
Since you don't have any innate resistances, starting Taurog is quite the pain, he just holds you back.
JJ has useless boons and the last thing you need is getting further debuffed.

I've tried many other combos, like Orc Monks and Human Transmuters, none of them felt as potent as the Rogue.
It's really important that your damage is high from the start and you don't have to work for it, and over the course of the dungeon dodging saves you a lot of resources.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:47 am

GG can also turn several floors into cakewalk, and severely mitigate danger from various hazards. Rogue's first strike also saves resources in more ways than one.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Hmm, I'll give it some tries then. I did give the Orc Rogue a few attempts before, but they were invariably unlucky in getting started on resistances, so I got the impression that Dwarves might be more consistent. The appeal of higher damage is certainly hard to resist, however...

EDIT:

Getting close...

Ultimately, I'm glad I went to try Human again. (Thanks Astral!) You need a good altar setup for resists no matter what, so may as well go for naturally higher damage and spare myself some hits. Quite a few things went well here (BISSEPS, Witchalok Pendant, early illusion, Pactmaker as floor 4, Dracul as floor 5, though my piety timing was just off so I converted late... too bad Earthmother was the last to show up). I definitely made a few mistakes, notably in inventory management, that hurt my chances a lot... but I think the two worst things were Fully Revealed Pactmaker floor (at least it's not Binlor) and First Strike curse on the very last floor. Mind you, by the last floor I finally had decent resists and was able to use sanguine to heal, so an earlier First Strike floor probably would have ended the run sooner. Ah well... I'll give it a few tries soon, so I don't forget the lessons I learned just now!

EDIT2: Hehe... high damage is hard to resist... I wish I could claim I did that on purpose...
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Tinker on Mon May 11, 2015 9:03 pm

........ Bump :) ........
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 12, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks, here are some dinosaurs
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Tinker on Fri May 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Ok, half to bump the topic, but half 'cause it's about VGT, quick poll on two VGT badges... Did anyone do Purist with anything other than a Human/Dwarf Rogue? And did anyone do VT with anything other than a Vampire? Just curious, I'm ticking off some badges and I'm wondering about what was already done... ;)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lynzkar on Mon May 25, 2015 8:59 pm

I still haven't managed to compleate it as dwarf rogue or vampire. With about 30 attempts, I've only gotten to Harioto 2 times.
Lynzkar

Postby Astral on Mon May 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Have you tried it with Human Rogues too? For me that was the most successful and easiest combination, nearly all my HR attempts made it to H. Until I got bored of trying to leverage every run and started scumming :P
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 26, 2015 5:05 am

I have not, but wouldn't the health be a problem versues such enemies as the dancing sword and level 10 meat men?
I will try it tho
Lynzkar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons