[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - VGT Assistant Tool

VGT Assistant Tool

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: VGT Assistant Tool

Postby Astral on Tue May 26, 2015 10:14 am

Not if you take enough absolutions early, and late game you should be building your resistances so it shouldn't matter by that point. Lvl 10 meatmen should be regenfought, not health spiked if you want to be efficient (except if it goes down very easily anyways).
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 26, 2015 10:56 am

First try, got to 6th subdungeon, with 49 in each resistance, 91 hp, 145 damage, 4 prestiges Lost to bridge troll
Should've probary prepped really big sword, but that'd cost me the first strike, so I don't know if that's acctualy smart.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Tinker on Tue May 26, 2015 11:09 am

I think VGT is precisely the map that will show you the limits of The Earthmother's boons. At least I stopped relying on her just when I wanted to win VGT for the first time, and switched over to GG as a "general-purpose booster deity". GG gives you +5 base damage and +8 health plus whatever you can grab via Absolutions (and you don't really have much use for L1s beside clearing curses, coincidentally GG can also do that; on top of clearing away Weakenings and Corrosions).

Or Taurog -> Dracul.

Going in Purist one big dilemma I have is that there is only one curing potion I can buy (or I have to wait until a GG cleanse becomes viable if at all). Even only 5-6 stacks of Weakening and/or Corrosion are problematic. If you don't go in Purist, Apothecary and/or the right curing potions probably make a lot of sense.

Patches is a bit double-edged. I think it works reliably on Crusaders and Vampires, but I'm not sure I'd hazard it on any other build, simply because it adds another element of randomness into an already very random and arguably even quite dangerous map.

EDIT: if you just want to win VGT, take the Vampire build Astral & I used for the VT, I think it's a very solid build and given how it can take VGT even despite the VT, it should be fairly straightforward to clear non-VT VGT with it. You need to make sure you keep 3-5 blood cows (i.e. monsters who you cannot 1-shot KO and who are not bloodless) and use their health regeneration to replenish your health. There are some more difficult levels and opponents, worst is clearly the Bloodless level, but the No XP or the pre-explored can also pose difficulties. That said, unless you're outright screwed by RNG, you should have enough staying power to conquer VGT...

EDIT2: btw what's normal number of attempts to clear Purist? I've already tried twice and I only got as far as Towers 3 & 4 (had terrible draw both times, though). I think the most number of tries I took with anything before was around 4-5, but this Purist just seems a magnitude more difficult... :o

EDIT3: *!#&%! My third attempt ran out of steam at Tower 9. Dancing Blade is just plain murderous at +90% stats. :cry:
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:22 am

* BUMP *

I never even start a VGT run without first loading up the VGT Assistant. It makes runs soooo much easier to keep track of. Totally recommended! ;)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons