[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Any hope for a twerk patch?

Any hope for a twerk patch?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Any hope for a twerk patch?

Postby MTaur on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:50 am

I don't always remember whether I have Bysseps cast. And there are a lot of statuses to look through sometimes. So I think it's time we use animations in Desktop Dungeons.

It would be instant and unmistakable - if my character were to turn around, lean forward, and enter a seductive looping hip gyration animation, I would know that this untamed raw energy has to be a +30% attack bonus and 3% resistance erosion on my next attack.
MTaur

Re: Any hope for a twerk patch?

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:33 am

Okay, I laughed way more than I should have. Good work! XD
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby dislekcia on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:24 am

This made our day.

dislekcia

Postby MTaur on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 pm

I was worried that it might be borderline troll, but I meant it in good sport. I'm glad it was a hit. :)
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:04 am

Darvin

Postby MTaur on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:35 am

MTaur

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:11 am

Well, as Darvin said, if this is trolling anyone it's trolling me (and well, anyone arguing for possible tweaks and interested in discussing them), and I didn't respond with indignation :)

Still, it did make me a tiny bit sad, because I didn't post either the potential tweak patch discussion or the "let's see what we know about knockback" thread to provoke anything but discussion. Passion, perspective, lack of tact and history gets in the way of me getting taken seriously by the devs these days (except MIStaken for troll), but it's not like anything can change that much anyway in either direction.

EDIT:But! You know, when a game is this good (and I suppose sucessful) it's kinda easy to see a suggestion like "add a clear number of how much damage you knockback for, possibly to the popup which shows up when you hover over your damage" as nitpicking, making it look like players can only suggest silly things doesn't really help. Dislekcia seems to think that the rules for knockback and blink interactions, for example, are self-evident and if I write that I'm never able to figure them out on my own when I start playin again after a pause is trolling (I assure you I't isn't). Neither are the rules for when (or even whether) Pissorf bypasses physical resistance and when it doesn't, but this sort of thing just makes it easier to dismiss such a complaint if it's coming from me and make me look like more of an unreasonable weirdo... And I'm not bringing that stuff up for my sake.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby MTaur on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:56 am

The wiki is definitely a lifesaver. I'd be in favor of improving tooltips and so on, but anyone who wants to get really good at DD is going to stumble across the wiki anyway. And I can understand that there are other priorities that might be valued differently.

Anyway, I'd like to stay off-topic. Can we give the twerk update a trial run for one race/class/gender at least? I vote female Elf Berserker or maybe Gorgon.
MTaur

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:47 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby MTaur on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:03 pm

MTaur

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons