[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Question about Goat Glade

Question about Goat Glade

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Question about Goat Glade

Postby Astral on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:14 pm

I hope not. There's no SMM, Frank, or Firstborn. I could have won last time, if I didn't try the silly thing of converting Burndayraz. I expected to receive duplicates of it, so turning it into potion looked clever :P
Bleeded out against Goo, but I was 3 hits away from killing it.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Wow, I'm not even gona ask how you did it O.O

Also, Fales Beard TT for first map pretty legit even without a slowing glyph. Not as good as last time, but if I'd have had the presence of mind to stop spamming B2P I would have been.

EDIT: Yay, I did it! TT Monk, then the berserker with False Beard took Blood Curse and had first strike against a lot of stuff, and after just 1 point in lifesteal went Mystera and converted all the glyphs for mystic balance - refreshment, and then I scored a Cydstepp + Apheelsick in the final level (no money, but also no room for anything).

Wow, these are really good (and I feel for the guys who were testing them, I think I was on a break or something).

I love these!
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby sitnaltax on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:51 am

Congrats!

I'm a little surprised you went Fake Beard instead of Balanced Dagger. It seems like the latter is stronger especially when you don't have TT available. But it's cool to see yet another way of handling TQ2.

Good luck in the third one. It's... intense, and pretty amazing.
sitnaltax

Postby Astral on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:25 am

Congrats Lujo, really nice job!
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:29 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby sitnaltax on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:16 am

My memory is fuzzy, but I recall one of the devs saying that the Triple Quests were scaled for a range of player skills, so doing TQ1 purist seems like it should definitely be within the range of an expert. I recall it being something like TQ1 being an appropriate challenge for players who were just starting to maybe venture into Vicious dungeons, while TQ3 is a premier challenge for the most dedicated vets (a mark which I think they hit).

If you beat TQ3 with any prep that's not the Dragon Shield, I'll write a poem about it.
sitnaltax

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons