Question about Goat Glade

All things Desktop Dungeons

Question about Goat Glade

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:08 am

EDIT: Sorry about making the thread, it's been resolved. Am playin goat challenges, thought I had a screwy bug, turned out I was just stupid. Which I guess is a good thing, because it would've been a heckuva bug it if was one.
Last edited by Lujo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: Question about Goat Glade

Postby Astral on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:18 am

No, you just have to build that structure and the goat is already playable.

I think there's also an altar count requirement, if you have less then 2 altars per dungeon you can't play the goat (or can't build the structure?).

How did you like the 1st TQ?

Btw goats don't show up on completion, only after you've done it.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 am

I have all the altars, and have had them for a while. Odd.

I did the frist quest in two tries. First try I went purist, but the GG punishment caught me by surprise and left me one or two hits away from killing the goat. The second try was with preps, and it was much, much harder and I only really won because of Dragon Soul. The first run was easy because I had Binlor on the map in the first level, and even though I only worshiped anything after I've turned into a semi-goat, I just picked up his knockback boon and slapped the guy around a bunch, which left me with practically no resources spent on that fight. And on the second map I had Mystera from the get go, and also Wonnafyt, which accidentally made me arrange all the dudes and bloodpools into passable shapes and use refreshment throughout the fight. The prep runs - no Binlor, no Mystera, was a bit more difficult, but I managed to sidestep the GG punishment and did the goat in.

I'm on the second quest now, I've done the first level with TT, but it was just experimental and it looks like I could've been more efficient and saved more resources. Just started 2 - 2.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:18 pm

No, wait, false alarm. Seems to all be fine now, I can apparently play the goat, he just doesn't show up on the map completion screen. I must've been looking at the class selection on the goat glade start screen, and dooooh, ofc you can't play the goat there :lol:

Also, I messed 2-2 up by stepping on one of those twigs ahead of time. TT + my secret prep noone will ever guess would've otherwise probably won it for me again ^^
Lujo

Postby Astral on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Was your secret prep Fake Beard by any chance?

On my 1st try at 2-2 I did the stupid thing of destroying 2 totems in advance, but still made it as far that I was 1 hit away of killing the boss.
Astral

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Yes it was :lol:

I'm about to leave the map with:

Is this ok? Glyphs necessary? With all the juice I don't suppose Getindare's that needed, and there are 2 more +5% charms and a pair of Elven Boots which I could buy...

Also, fun thing about TT - False Beard (apart from TT really messing that level up*), is that the Beard also triggers in the next map, so you start with a level advantage against all the silly debuff buggers, and if you find TT like I did last time, you can basically do mostly the same thing again, except you can tank a hit from people.

Dunno what the final one looks like so I don't know if any of the glyphs is really necessary to keep around...

(*Well if you find Pactmaker and Wonnafyt early I suppose, and you do have to channel Michael Bay).

EDIT: Will also be hilarious if it turns out the third guy's a goblin ^^
Lujo

Postby Astral on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:14 pm

The final one is nasty and somewhat luck based. If I can give you a tip, it's that you won't need Getindare, but Endiswal is really helpful. And don't expect any help from gods.

Thanks to you soul orb you glyphs will be helpful for 2-2, don't throw them away.
Astral

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Ty. I'm close to moping up 2 - 2, I used a bunch of my dodgestep on him, now I'm considering picking up the skullpicker and maybe something else from Taurog if I can make the space.

Ok, so I killed the naga, but I'm out of dodgestep, hope that don't bite me. No endiswall either, but I've got Cydstep, Apheelsick, maybe something from Taurog.

Also, the storyline is great, I always thought DD would make a fine little simple RPG. The berserkers reaction to the map is ^^ And the puns are actually really good puns.
Lujo

Postby Astral on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Oh yeah I really liked the storyline too. And died laughing at the part where Mance started shittalking the gods.

Cdystep is golden! I'm not sure about Apheelsik, but maybe with Cydstep that's really good too.
Astral

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Right, so I've got the Goo, Aequitas and Gobb left, and I need to convert stuff to make room for Apheelsick, but I'd really hate it if I converted the wrong thing right before something nasty jumps up after I killed all the guys. and it's a total crapshoot, as I've got Viper Ward, Soul Orb, Orb of Lusory, Fireball, Cydstepp and a bunch of other stuff I can't really get rid of (charms, potions etc).

Does something jump out at you once you've killed all these guys? :)

I took out Wraith, Jormugandr, The Iron Man and Bleaty, I see Goo, Aequitas and Gobb, and I don't see SMM, Frank or the Firstborn, and I really hope that's because they aren't there.

EDIT: Died on the last hit. Couldn't dodge to save my grandma. And it was totaly avoidable, too. Bummer. :lol:
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons