[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Upcoming Expansion / Content Patch

Upcoming Expansion / Content Patch

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Upcoming Expansion / Content Patch

Postby Astral on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:52 pm

The average regeneration was below 1.5 on a map with only 2 snakes. It's true that the Den is easy, but not getting hurt would show up as a lot more wasted health and way higher average regen.

But yeah, you're right that the rest of my guess is baseless.

Oh and has anyone else noticed that the regened mana is ~50% higher than the uncovered 'blue tiles'? ;)
Also the regened mana and total mana difference is so small that the chemist probably only got a mana restore in half of those dings.
Last edited by Astral on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:57 pm

It's also a crampy mazy map where you can waste a lot of exploring on any run.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:30 pm

I love this thread :)

You're kinda on the right track in more than a few of these hunches. I guess I'll have to play the Chemist on a harder dungeon soon, but not tomorrow. Tomorrow I've got another class to try and build... Dunno if it'll work, but we've got some ideas we'd like to try.
dislekcia

Postby Astral on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 pm

This expansion keeps getting better :D
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby The Tapir on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:56 pm

The Tapir

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 am

I'd imagine that the feature-set probably isn't pinned down yet, but we can speculate. New classes are, of course, confirmed. New monsters seem like a forgone conclusion, and new items, dungeons, subdungeons, and quests all seem quite plausible. On the more unlikely side of things, new glyphs and new deities probably won't be happening.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:18 am

They mentioned, long ago, that they were at one point toying around with the idea for another god but decided against it. However, they've also said that if they do an expansion they'd be looking to "change up some fundamental rules" or something like that, so it might mean that some "special circumstace creation" might be in form of a new god. No way confirmed, don't get hopes up, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if it turned out to be.

They also mentioned (at one point a while ago) that they're more likely to add new dungeons, and the dungeon that was devised the last (afaik) was Cursed Oasis, which fits a lot with "changing up the basic premises", so it's quite likely that there'll be new maps. Probaby as an expansion for after the "main game" rather than interwoven with the "main game".

They were also talking about expanding the role of the taxidermist during the beta, and that didn't exactly happen (or maybe I interpreted it in the wrong way), so some new functionality to that building is also a possiblity.

And tweaks to the existing stuff in form of a patch simultaneous to an expansion or DLC release (to accomodate the new stuff) probably isn't out of the question, as many games do it that way - some of the new content makes into the core games. So god knows all of what is actually on the table.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:31 am

Chemist
Brewer: start with 1 extra Health Potion and Mana Potion. 19% chance on level-up of gaining an extra potion.
Blodshot Eyes: drinking a Health Potion gives you the Diamond Body and Exhausted (below full health) abilities until you level-up or drink a Mana Potion.
Blue Haze: drinking a Mana Potion reduces Health Regneration to 1/tile but doubles Mana Regeneration until you level-up or drink a Health Potion.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Nurator on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:18 am

That would be too cruel. This is essentially Exhausted in both forms...

but I think we can agree over two forms that can be changed by potion drinking.

Dislexcia, a harder dungeon would be most welcome :D And any other new class on a harder one aswell^^ Feel like a detective here :D
Nurator

Postby Zaratustra on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:48 am

Maybe alternate glyphs/deities? Half the time Jehora Jeheyu will be replaced by original Jehora and piss off everyone.
Zaratustra

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons