[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - You have been kidnapped by a dangerous cult

You have been kidnapped by a dangerous cult

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: You have been kidnapped by a dangerous cult

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Sidestepper

Postby Astral on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:02 pm

The Orc Warlord of GG definitely works, the only thing you need to look out for is to kill your 1st lvl 8 at level 3, never kill popcorn from then on and take humility at lvl9. Just did a successful run with a simple Elven Boots and extra attack boosters combo.

LOL Sidestepper :D
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Darvin on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:44 am

I think we lack a standing "cultist test", so I'll take the liberty to offer the next one (an easy one at that):

Ding! Max in Hobbler's Hold. No Goblin or Yendor.
Darvin

Postby Tinker on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:52 am

^ Well, you blocked this up, but you also kinda caused me to do this (not a win):

I remember (or fainly remember) someone doing something like this. And it's quite likely perfectly doable - I had rather bad shop luck and no Pissorff so it was all fireball and CB, if I had any major spellcasting item to go with the CB I wouldn't have needed to kill the popcorn and I probably wouldn't have failed. If I had pisorf same thing. It's also not difficult at all, my original intention was to do it with only killing the bossess and not touching the shops below (except there was nothing at all to translocate above and I gave up on it when I saw I had no Pissorff but just went to see how far I go).

My question to the older players - before those of us who were cheezing gnomes got bored of them, did anyone actually do this? I remember doing it or something much like it, I think, back when CB was even sillier and had a fixed 5 gold activation and the bosess were tougher, has anyone done it afterwards? Because doing it without the bottom shops and the popcorn is just the old Naga City, except with the gold cost on altars and easier bosses, nothing is much different except CB activation scales.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:12 am

wow... just wow. you killed all the bosses up until Kinisch. Talk about a decent challenge!
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:55 am

^ Well, there's your challenge. I mean, it's not much of a challenge, really, you're the only one who's been playing gnomes recently, you could do it all the way through. There's a guaranteed Alchemist Pact downstairs, and you can even use the shops below (used to be there weren't any shops below, but now it costs gold to desecrate altars). Descend at level one and kill all the bosses.

Things to remember - you need gold, and you need something from the shops, and you probably have to start in JJ allthough that has it's issues. I'm not sure I took Consensus (stuck in JJ for CA at the 3rd boss I think). If you can get anything out of the shops or the secret sub (I kinda didn't - Mana Pendant and Glenrick, could've been more), or even the actual sub (also something useless), it's not even hard. Without the kegs and yendor below - that might be a bit tricky.
Lujo

Postby Astral on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 pm

What is the challenge exactly?
Going down lvl1 and starting the bossfights right away?
Are you allowed to kill popcorn to level? Is meleeing okay? Choosing Goblin as a race?
Astral

Postby Lujo on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Well it's not so much a challenge as more of a performance act. Take a Gnome and descend down at lvl 1 and try to go as far as possible without killing any popcorn. Bonus points if you don't touch the shops below.

In fact, no prepping Yendor, obv.
Lujo

Postby Astral on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Ok, sounds like a job for the bloodmage.
Astral

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons