[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extra gold / Buying every item in Hexx

Extra gold / Buying every item in Hexx

All things Desktop Dungeons

Extra gold / Buying every item in Hexx

Postby Atre on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi all,

Haven't seen any discussion on this via google...

I'm totally stuck on the level3 Bazaar quest to buy every item in Hexx; due to a lack of gold.

As far as I can tell, the best option is to prep a thief (more items = more gold piles), with +1 per gold pile & lvl3 bank.

However this still leaves me 46 gold short of buying every item... Any thoughts? I've considered prepping tikki tooki but don't think it will close the gap.

Thanks!

(I explore the whole map at level 1 in case that makes a difference.)
Atre

Re: Extra gold / Buying every item in Hexx

Postby caviar on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:37 am

There's no need to explore the whole map at level 1 - why not play the level as normal and then buy out the shops closer to the end?

A tip is to complete the Rogue Silver class challenge to unlock the Midas Gloves (item which gives you+1 gold/kill).
caviar

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:29 am

Depending on what you have unlocked, there are multiple ways you can approach this quest.

Getting gold in-game is possible via:
- Gloves of Midas (reward for Rogue silver)
- Subdungeons
- Tikki Tooki (if you have Assassin unlocked, you can safely go around killing everything on the map after L1 and earn a lot of Piety that way, that nets you extra 30-40 gold due to the boons you can afford)
- Transmutation Seal, Alchemist preparation: you can use it on a standard issue Blacksmith preparation Sword for example to get 25 gold, or just a wall for 10 gold
- Fabulous Treasure - the reward for Thief gold - can be transmuted via aforementioned scroll to earn you 100 gold
- Tinker gives you two extra shops, but each item costs 5 gold less, so unless the items spawning in the extra shops are very expensive, you're getting a bit of help, especially thanks to the two free transmutation seals

If you have any veto slots, you can try vetoing some expensive stuff
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Atre on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:18 am

Cheers both, excellent suggestions.

FWIW I eventually used a Tinker, +1 gold piles and a bunch of preps to slingshot early levels.

The Swiss alchemy kit's 1x steal item from shop, 2xconvert item to gold combined with the -5g discount made things a breeze.

I also realised that killing one of the level bosses and selling the trophy for 25g gives a handy boost too, although I didn't need it in the end.

PS. I explored at lvl1 becuase I was lazy - wanted to buy all the shop items and skedaddle (which does complete the quest) without spending time finishing the dungeon. Seemed a safe plan as I couldn't think of any bonus to gold with levels, figured I just had dungeon gold piles...
Atre

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:51 am

Congtratulations on finishing the quest! :)

There's always a next one you know... :lol:
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Atre on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:43 am

:lol: Haha, I only got the lvl3 Bazaar so I could use fancy gear on Complicated tasks pt6 (parched priest in the magma mines)

CRUSHED that bad boy with my fancy new toys...
Atre

Postby caviar on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Nice! :) I never realized that you didn't actually have to beat the dungeon for the quest, since I was always set on getting the 25 gold from one of the bosses. The more you know!
caviar

Postby Darvin on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:44 pm

^ It's also quite easy to get it done without extra hassle if you're comfortable with prepping Tikki Tooki.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons