[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons Test Build

Desktop Dungeons Test Build

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Test Build

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:06 am

Yes, it only ever seems to happen when you... I can't tell left from right very well, and I use both hands for the mouse interchangably so I don't know which click is which, but if you click the original way than it can happen, and if you select something you're fighting (like for the slide menu) it doesn't happen. I hope. I did get unintentional clicks registeded while moving items around the inventory a lot before the update, too.

The crash on alt-tab has gone away fortunately.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby fall_ark on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:24 am

I haven't encountered double clicks since I changed my last mouse. Usually it's a faulty micro switch. If you've seen the problem persisting across different hardwares...then I truly don't know.

Lujo, is Unity lagging a lot on your PC? Does the kingdom tab animation for example look choppy when it expands?
fall_ark

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:49 am

Not really, and I thought it was the mouse, so I went and bought a new one, and with the new one it seemed to happen more frequently (o.O), and when I went back to the old mouse it happened less often. It might not have anything to do with mouses, can't tell. It also tended to happen in periods - sometimes it would happen all the time, like, it was impossible to finish a run without it happening several times and I played in a way where I never do anything if a followup click would kill me. And then a few hours later the "storm" would stop and I could get a day or two without it happening once. And I don't get erroneus double clicks in any other program with any mouse...

It didn't happen in the unity version (web), it only ever happens in the steam version for me. I thought it would stop when the update hit, and I've not yet had a proper "bugstorm" since then. But it turned out it still happens occasionally.

---

Oh, and I've got another small praise for the update (I'm grumbling too much these days, makes it look like I'm just a random hater occasionally) - the item category icons seem more distinct since the update, a nice silver shade, much easier to notice, very glad you guys did that. Big props.

If you could rename "Courage Juice", "Forlorn" and "Penance" to use ' ' instead, like 'Tea' does so that the items in the codex items tab could be automatically sorted alphabetically in an obvious way (which could then be easily noticed making it much easier to navigate and peruse) that would go a long way to making the codex more usable. It puts those three on the first page because of the " ", and that makes it look like a jumble so I guess noone bothers even attempting to find what they're looking for. I know I used it more once I figured that out, but it took me years and actually taking screenshots of all the pages for the wiki items page to notice it's even sorted alphabeticaly - before i'd just look at the first page, see a jumble and figure it's a jumble :(.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Just want to 'bump' the error about the Web Player not working. I was using that a lot in the past and I hope to be able to restart using it as soon as possible.

In the past I had a lot of crashes - and generally very slow play - with the STEAM version, and (knock-on-wood) I haven't had any crashes since the update, but it's still very slow (in fact, the loading is even slower than it used to be). Whereas, the web player version was always running very smoothly in my Firefox, and with the update it became even smoother.

So even if I don't see any more crashes (I hope I won't), from a speed and enjoyability point of view I would prefer to be able to use the Web Player version. I tested it on 3 different computers (not all mine :P ), but all of them produced the same error, even the one that didn't have Unity pre-installed.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:56 am

General question: is there any point in reporting bugs that didn't exist pre-Enhanced Edition, or should everything just go into the bug reports?

Anyway, I ran into an annoying bug. Actually twice (first time I just didn't know what happened). So sometimes the game registers a click to use up a potion. But in both cases it was when I stepped onto some stairs and clicked go. I don't remember if any monster was currently selected, so whether it's a drawer bug or something else... But it's a bit annoying.
Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:28 am

It's probably a good idea to post bugs in the bugs thread now ;)

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the webplayer. I really don't want to have to update to Unity 5 for this.
dislekcia

Postby Tinker on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:57 am

Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:56 am

I'm not sure why the bugs thread keeps falling OFF the stickied list... :(

Unity is having a hard time with webplayer support right now, the whole Chrome turning off plugins thing is really shutting down things pretty effectively. So I'm not sure what options people really have there, mostly because I've been working on the mobile push right now.
dislekcia

Postby Tinker on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Fri May 01, 2015 12:42 am

Yes, it appears to work for me too... And we didn't do anything. I have to assume that Unity managed to fix the incorrect version reporting that was happening. Yay :)
dislekcia

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons