[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons Test Build

Desktop Dungeons Test Build

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Test Build

Postby Tinker on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Well, there was that strange multi-pickup small item issue when you had a seal-compressed small item in your inventory. We couldn't figure out an elegant way to fix that during the crunch, so I just kinda turned compression seals off for the rat.
dislekcia

Postby Lynzkar on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:54 pm

That's a shame, would be nice to get tiny items for the rat.

@Tinker, I acctualy didont know brandonnn gave 3 compression seals, supouse that's three 'n's for three compression seals. Personaly I usualy go for the gauntlets
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Lujo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:10 pm

It might be because we were pestering the devs for more compression seals and then it got to be a joke - he gives you the gauntlets for 50 piety but 3 compression seals for the ludicrous 100.

They're also repairing the broken "Packmaster" altar, which was also a joke around that time, about there not being any god that's all about inventory management. And now there is - Brandonnn functions as a "Packmaster" altar, you only get one boon and it can be any of the three.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 pm

@Lujo
Heh, this is intresting and amusing

@everyone
Is it possible to beat Naga city pre-unlocking elite items? Cause I've been trying this for a while now, I still haven't gotten past the 3rd wave.

@Dislekcia
Could we have a sticky thread, where we can just ask you/expirienced players random things about the game? This seems like a better solution than making a new thread everytime.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Lujo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 pm

What happens down below when you don't have elites unlocked? Do the shops with the kegs and Yendor spawn? Otherwise, yes, Orc Thief / Assassin / Wizard with Pissorf topside and Crystal Ball, several other things work too. It's doable miser, after all.
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Come to think of it, it's doable with lots of stuff. That dungeon used to not have those shops below at all and the bossess were tougher, and there were no monsters but the bossess, but the difference was that the altars were free. The casters just have the advantage that they usually only really need to unlock Mystera provided they can deal with the Iron Man, and then you can dump all your gold into the ball. Guys who don't play the ball simply have more altars at their disposal or more topside CP. I'm sure a few paladins and monks could do it without the gauntlets, and so could the halfling priest, probably (I think I did miser with him, and it's kind of simmilar). So could the gnome Warlord and various Rogues. I mean, we used to do it with a bunch of stuff before any of the stuff was added to it, and the stuff is kinda only there so you can get all the badges and do all the monsters (afaik).

What the shops did was basically change the place from being about god shennanigans to only really picking up one god + pactmaker most of the time and always getting the stuff from the shops, it wasn't played like that at all during the beta (obviously, because the shops weren't there).
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:18 am

Just wanted to say I finally found the slide menu. It's great, and I'm not sure why I'm loving it so much but I am. And I'm playing on a laptop so the old way it worked isn't all that different, I just strangely like it and wanted to say that it seems like it was a good idea.

It might be because the bug where the game registers a double click on random attacks (notably fireballs) is still there, and it doesn't happen (knock on wood) when I'm using it and for some mysterious reason it feels better than the old one.

And err, there's a bug where the game registers a double click. I've tried changing mouses and computers and stuff, I still randomly drop dead from it. Is noone else really having that happen?
Lujo

Postby Astral on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:12 am

I rarely encounter additional clicks, for example when I step on potions or glyphs sometimes it instantly gets in my inventory as if I double clicked. I haven't had it during attacks, which is weird given how many times it occurred on item pickups. Maybe it can only happen on LMB clicks, and since I'm using RMB for attack I'm safe from that.

Oh and extremely rarely it happens when I'm trying to drag and rearrange my inventory. One of these days I blew parched on a DERP when all I wanted is moving something to a different slot. It was peculiar to hear the potion drinking sound because I'm sure I was only clicking directly on big items.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons