[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Roonespism on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:46 am

I couldn't find a way to turn mana in to damage until I'd explored everything! I was playing for speed, so I tried to beat all 3 bosses in a row immediately after finding BURNDAYRAZ and I cut it really close - GG punished me for drinking the last potion I needed to beat him.
Roonespism

Postby fall_ark on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Heh. I worshipped GG and converted to JJ later. Humility + Wicked Guitar is no joke. Some big miscalculations made me miss out on some serious extra exp. Probably would have gotten 300+ exp ideally.
fall_ark

Postby Stooge on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Went JJ, pendant, guitar. Took a while to find burndayraz, but I ended up with a decent time. Could have probably gone fastest if I remembered to use momenum and if I didn't waste time messing around with the guitar setting up xp farms. I finished with the lowest xp of anyone that won the daily anyway.
Stooge

Postby Darvin on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:18 am

Ugh, wasted so much time finding BURNDAYRAZ. I could have gotten way better than that if I'd found the glyph earlier :-(

Oh well, still top time for the moment.
Darvin

Postby haaxtus on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:52 am

Well, 2m44s seems like an okay time to me. :o

My attempt was very unexceptional. So far I have always tried to go for maximum XP. But today I haven’t been able to find a good approach. For some reason, I didn’t even take the Amulet of Yendor. I also didn’t put the available resources to good use. I had half the black space left when the run was essentially over. With too few exceptions, I played this like I would have played a hard dungeon. That was a bad decision in terms of metagaming.
haaxtus

Postby fall_ark on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:35 am

fall_ark

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Tinker on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:28 am

That was awesome!
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:28 am

Found a Venom Dagger and another poison from TT (not prepped, but found randomly). I converted Apheelsik. I think this was a moderately easy race/class combo, and the Dragon Heart was amazing. I also had Bysseps, so Tower of Goo was burning, poisoned, and semi-physical-damageable at the end. I didn't feel like being thorough, so I just burned potions for it and left a lot of monsters still alive.

Aequitas wasn't too hard either. I think I had to tank one hit twice with a level-up in between, and two mana pools worth of fireballs did the rest. I forget what level I was, but Dragon Heart made it possible somewhat early. It was maybe the perfect prep for this boss.

I'm pretty sure I used Fire Heart in both boss fights. Maybe it was just Tower of Goo because Aequitas probably only needed the level-up.

It's nice to have a DERP run smoothly sometimes. I was ranked 80-100 for piety, damage, and time, though. But maybe you're supposed to minimize piety and damage for the lulz?
MTaur

Postby Blovski on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Well, that was easy. Coulda done it quicker. Didn't realise it seems to count time past the boss death.
Blovski

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons