[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Vemb on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:26 am

Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:56 am

Well, yeah, that's fine if you prepped Binlor, otherwise that wasn't an option. I just fell back to my usual because I didn't want to spend a lot of time thinking about options, and that's to never prep gods and take what you get (so I prepped the scroll and immediately converted it for 5... it wasn't a bad decision, because when I did my final conversion before starting the bosses I hit 160 exactly). But the gods were particularly bad, but I still made them work.

* Orc Bloodmage in Ick Swamp *

I really was hoping for something light today, but this wasn't particularly it. Not that it was particularly bad. Just a little bit more distracting than I was hoping for, because I was trying to watch Sumo at the same time.

Bwrgarbl

Postby peperc2 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:36 am

* Orc Rogue in Berserker Camp *

I'm very surprised not many people prepped Jehora, only like a fifth of the picks, for a class that thrives on early attack conversions and health boost such that they don't need inventory anyway. AND a map with almost no resistance to fat attack stats and low HP besides trolls. I guess the shield is just a safer low level tool. I wish I railed this map much faster with just how powerful you can get with Jehora.

peperc2

Postby Vemb on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Vemb

Postby peperc2 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:01 am

* Human Berserker in Southern Swamp *

Forgetting the difference between knockback and cowardly enemies, I misclicked on a monster thinking it would be an empty square. Not the best idea to prep Taurog with the big change to position mechanics that are usually pretty straight forward when you're thinking fast. :)

Was just hoping for a GETINDARE/WEYTWUT to make murdering high level monsters a cakewalk.
peperc2

Postby Vemb on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:51 pm

*Goatperson in Cursed Oasis*

Unsurprisingly low winrate. My comments about the preparations:

Some spoiler information for those who want to improve their chances:
Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Today I learned something (which is probably a bug)... if you're a goat in the cursed realm when you level, apparently the god you change to and the altar that gets activated can be different.

Bwrgarbl

Postby Vemb on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:36 pm

*Goblin Transmuter in Creeplight Ruins*

Nice XP hoarding possibility today.

Victory Screen.
Vemb

Postby peperc2 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 am

* Dwarven Fighter in Ick Swamp *

Those who pick Fireball Magnet dodged a big bullet if you planned to look for it, but the Yendor amulet should make Fighter's bonus XP easy to accelerate. This map always takes me ages...

peperc2

Postby peperc2 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 am

* Elf Wizard in Double Doom *

I'm in a streak of games I'm playing poorly, but learned something fun about the desecration chain.

peperc2

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons