[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm

dislekcia

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:32 pm

* Human Crusader in the Labyrinth *

Second human labyrinth run in a row. Yesterday's was apparently not that fun for anyone, because I got top XP (and that was with a badly timed CA... if I had been paying attention I would have been over 250). Today's was a bit rougher... BURNDAYRAZ was literally on the last piece of black space for me. But it didn't really matter... I hacked down Rex in two hits, because I was level 9 after having cleared the maze looking for BURDAYRAZ. So the Crystal Ball was effectively useless beyond the conversion value... this seems to be a running theme with me whenever I prep it.
Bwrgarbl

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:51 am

Just wanted to let off some steam, me and my stupid misclick, just killed myself on the second hit when attacking a L2 goat right at the start. WTF, stupid shit happens.

That was yesterday's daily, Today's daily shouldn't be a problem, only hiccup was at the start, when I had to quaff a few health potions and buy a Pendant of Health (can't remember if it was needed). A little choke at the start especially since there's no glyphs and I even had Bear Mace so might be problematic if you didn't prep it.

Between stupid misclicks, super tough dailies, me missing dailies due to oversleeping, etc. I don't see myself ever getting a high streak anymore (don't even think I can surpass my own record). Guess I will just be playing everyday, hopefully achieving things like Top XP, Top Piety (or both), etc. which are stuff that gives me a sense of satisfaction.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Got top XP and Piety in today's daily. Could have squeezed out a bit more XP (10ish) if I had been more careful towards the end.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... AEA357AAD/

See, I could have gotten free 20 Piety from Dracul from Blood Curse before hitting level 10 and converting back to Binlor. Heck, I converted to Binlor just to squeeze out more Piety by making use of remaining blackspace to get more mana to break more walls. Could have skipped Binlor and go to GG directly for more beads.

Also I forgot that the sub-dungeon mini-boss is Undead but not bloodless. And I should have desecrated Dracul to remove my lifesteal before going down. Ended up, I wasted tons of piety (also converted all or most of my potions) just to offset the piety loss from lifesteal to kill it so that I can make my way back up to take Enlightenment.

Extra Glyphs gave me: Burndayraz, Pisorf, Apheelsik, Halpmeh, Cydstepp and Getindare. Took a quick look through all the entries and noticed my prep combination was unique (just Platemail and Extra Glyphs were enough to make my combo unique) among those who cleared. There was only 1 other person with the same preps as me but he/she failed the run.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Hey, it's me again, the guy who likes to brag about getting top XP and Piety. So, yeah I did it again, kind of not expecting it since the previous top XP score was held by someone who prepped both JJ and TT (pretty good combo for bonus XP) while the previous top Piety score was via prepping Binlor (again, another tough one to beat).

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 09AEC74EF/

So, how did I do it? It's all just a matter of conversions shenanigans (prep extra gold, items with high conversion value) and also the availability of EM (yes, she's my favourite goddess) and Taurog (more stuff to convert for XP). Binlor also did play a part since I used him to access the secret sub (Blacksmith) which gave me more stuff to convert.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby William on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:50 am

What was yesterday's (Saturday, 12 August) daily? I managed to completely forget about playing the game...
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Rat Monarch in Rock Gardens, you forgot about it, I just overslept and missed it (woke up and it was just 1 min after the expiry time).
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Tinker on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:46 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:29 pm

It's kind of a combination of a reasonably advanced checking system built into the generator and a healthy dose of the hope option. Basically, if there's no way to win at all, no matter what preps, I'd consider that impossible. We used to get those a lot, now we don't ;)
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons