[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Bwrgarbl on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Bwrgarbl

Postby Nic on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:40 am

Nic

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Yeah, you used JJ to boost your mana to very respectable levels :)
Whupaz is not really needed against SMM as long as you have blackspace to regenfight him.

Why do all videos on your channel have the same name (at least the same visible part)? Something informative, like "DERP <date> <race> <class>" would have been way better.
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:58 pm

*Goblin Warlord in Den of Danger*

I intended to do some ridiculous XP hoarding run, then I made some ridiculous mistakes that made me just happy to complete the run.

On a completely unrelated note: If you prepare Venom Dagger and worship GG, remember to convert it.
Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Fortunately my error was after the boss... I accidentally left the dungeon again.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Nic on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:35 am

Nic

Postby srid on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:44 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:14 pm

AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:35 am

* Vampire in Cursed Oasis *

Well, I"m not mentally up for this today, so I'll have to put it off to tomorrow. But the early results are 5 quick losses that don't seem to have gotten very far... so maybe things are cramped today? Or the bloodless undead are overly prevalent? We know who the bosses are and the gods don't matter.

Platemail seems like a much better choice than Venom Dagger. And Fireheart should be good with a Vampire (although attack boosters or quest items are also good in that slot). Taking fewer glyphs seems like a bad move with the current results... and god preps (other than Taurog) are worthless. Money is certainly good (at the very least it can buy you fodder for another level of drain)... elite items and the shop scroll are a gamble.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Nic on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:21 am

Ran out of gas at the very end. You can't do this level blind without very careful play -- There's no way to get knockback or break walls, and the subdungeon doesn't give any blackspace, so you'll have to know what your blood banks are well ahead of time and commit to them. Wish I found BURNDAYRAZ early to smooth out the early levels...

My best guess is that the best spell to keep at the end is IMAWAL since you can spam making walls in empty space to fuel the Fire Heart.
Nic

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons