[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Bwrgarbl on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 am

Halfling Monk in Rock Garden

Prepped extra health and attack... started with 2 of each literally right beside the entrance. Very convenient. Monsters were hiding from me today... it was very annoying finding anything worth killing. Spoons were plentiful though. Martyr Wraps were in my shops. Random boss hid until I was almost out of blackspace.

Bwrgarbl

Postby FuscaBat on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:57 pm

I got a lot of spoons in rock garden, too. More than half the plants dropped them. I guess it's pre-determined which plants drop spoons?
FuscaBat

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:27 am

Halfling Monk in Shifting Passages

Not as hard as it looks. I totally had it... up until I misclicked on a level 8 goblin instead of the slowed monster I was about to kill. JJ is risky to start with as monk, you need to be ready to deal with 1-2 levels of weakness. This was not a problem, as I found Fine Sword right away, so then I jumped in. It's over by the East edge... a natural place to go first when you're planning on having teleport. So I had enough damage and HP to kill LV+1 monsters without even regen. And was well-positioned to soon start on the random boss (who's right by the stairs).

Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:11 am

Rat in Hexx Ruins

This, of course, is a lot of fun. and although deaths are dominant right now, it's actually not that hard if you know rats. Stheno likes to remove all the remaining monsters to boost resistance. Rats don't care about any of that... popcorn isn't their thing and corrosion is unresistable damage. Earthmother is in the preps and I took her... this is not something you would normally do if you care about consistency. EM is too random, and double plant generation is just asking to get screwed. Especially on a map known for being cramped like Hexx Ruins. Which is fine, because all I really wanted was that IMAWAL right at the start to make sure I could control revenants (making sure to move them off of blood pools most of the time). I avoided dipping into EM boons for the most part (bought some health when needed)... just letting piety shoot way up. I could have converted out... but really, when you take EM, her penalty is a plus, entanglement always costs 5 and produces the 10 plants you need for clearance. Which is huge spike potential... all you need to do is put 30+ corrosion on a boss (reflex potion is so good for rats, especially combined with the shop bar boosts) and fireball away. Finding the glyph was the only real problem. PISORF is right near the start, which served up until the end when I finally got BURNDAYAZ.

Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:51 am

Gnome Chemist in Ick Swamp

People not taking JJ again, but it's up against Namtar's Ward. Still, even though I do like using chemist potions for regen, I always have spares (especially as a potion race) and plants make it so easy to farm piety with BYSSEPS. So I had plenty of HP (which is kind of like a Namtar Ward) and MP (which I was glad to have). Chaos Avatar is also something I really like in Ick Swamp because there's at least one boss I want to strip resistence from and I know I'll have a bunch of weakness and corrosion I'd like gone too.

EDIT: Looks like I currently have low XP by a large margin. Most people seem to have gone for leveling well up. Well, that's JJ for you... good for high XP or low XP. Also in first position for low damage and high piety.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Nic on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:49 am

Halfling Paladin in Halls of Steel

Surprise!
Nic

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:45 am

I didn't even notice... I saw good gods offered and decided to go Shovel Knight as a change of pace from my usual, "see JJ, take JJ". My level was a huge crater so fast I didn't notice any details about layout.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Vitor on Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:32 am

Interesting - I had no idea this could happen! Can even the boss spawn in the walled-off area, making the level (possibly) unwinnable?
Vitor

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:41 am

Speaking of map generation... what was with today's Havendale Bridge map? Cramped mess on the starting side and large empty space on the other. Even the river seemed to meander a bit more than usual.
Bwrgarbl

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons