[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Transmuter in HoS. Forgot to take preps... :lol:
shade_of_ox

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:37 am

Phew, another easy goat today.
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:03 pm

AvovA17

Postby Xenagie on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:39 pm

*Dwarven Monk Shifting Passages*

I played a quick practice purist shifting passages run with a Dwarf Monk. Lost badly. Ok, I underestimated how difficult those Magic attack enemies are for a monk. I try again. And again. And again. Finally, frustrated, I realize I'm just going to have to play the D.E.R.P. and lose my streak. I look over and I see it's 4 A.M., and I have get at least some sleep to be at work at 11.

Then when I play it, I'm shocked at how much easier it is. I cruise past the level with little to no significant resistance(the massive potion stock helped) -- Taurog helps me blow past the mooks and the Iron Man boss, and then I switch to Dracul for an extra boost for Evolvia. And then I'm through. I realize that I've won -- I hover over the boss to make sure I'm not missing anything -- I just pop a potion, or drink some bloodpools and then I've won this one that was having so much trouble with in purist mo..

*CLICK*

WHAT!? NOO!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! %@#@ SON OF a #!$@#$!@ WITH !@#$!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT! I JUST TURNED THE MOUSE SLIGHTLY!

Man, anywhere else I'd be like "Do you know how frustrating it is to lose an almost two month long streak to a misclick?!" but I'm pretty sure you guys know. It's just... I had it. I freaking had it. I was one extra click away from a win. I literally misclicked on the LAST hit!
Xenagie

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Oh man, that sucks big time. I remember I was pissed for more than a week when my previous streak of 72 ended due to a network glitch.

I have no idea what purpose instadeath serves in a single-player puzzle game. One muscle twitch, and your streak is ruined.
AvovA17

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Eh, I think the fault here is more in trying to get a high streak in a randomly generated puzzle (which will be unwinnable if you're unlucky). As I understand it the point of dailies is to compete against other players to see how well you can do in comparison, not to be able to consistently clear runs (after all, you can do that in the normal gameplay anyway).
shade_of_ox

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:09 am

AvovA17

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:58 am

Well yes, my point is more that trying to have a high streak in this game is futile to begin with. You can also get screwed by a Goatperson run or whatever. It's certainly frustrating to lose a run to a misclick - I've had it happen to me many times. But the alternative is... what exactly? Preventing the player from taking the action that would kill them? What about gambling on Rogue's dodge?
shade_of_ox

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:17 am

AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons