[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:59 am

Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:32 am

Gnome Chemist in Rock Garden

I found this one pathetically easy. I am not sure why only 27 people finished it.
For the 2 physical resist bosses I just used the mana regen form at around level 7 or so,
and explored the level while spamming fireballs at them. Then one remaining magic resist boss went down without a fight.

How come so few people prep Binlor here? He removes the walls for you, no piety loss on level up due to golems spawning, +60% resist any time you want it, and might + knockback for 80% bonus damage.
Last edited by AvovA17 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:39 am

Orc Rogue in Magma Mines

I was afraid of Rogue's low health here, but it was not a problem at all...

Last edited by AvovA17 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:54 am

I just realized, I could get a ton of bonus XP had I not converted IMAWAL. I rarely use that glyph, almost always auto-convert in fear of trapping myself.
AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:01 am

Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 am

Congratulations on getting your streak to 80, by the way :)
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 pm

Dwarf Tinker in Cursed Oasis

I am a bit surprised by the preps everybody taking.

1) Fewer glyphs?? Come on... Blue bead makes sense for the general dungeon, but it is almost useless against the Dragon. Dracul, on the other hand, gives you really good protection for the final battle: even if you screw up your resources, and exhaust everything on the Shade, you still have tons of bloodpool heals to kill the Dragon.

2) Knockback prep lets you deal with blinking enemies on this dungeon, conserving precious blackspace.

What am I missing?

By the way, I almost died again cause I forgot about Retaliate:Fireball for 1 sec and absentmindedly fireballed the Dragon before levelling up. Ouch.
AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm

I was tempted to go for the +/-, but that's not too interesting with a Dwarf. What really killed it was the Bear Mace option... as you said, it's a solution to blinking (and helps with animated armours too).

I was kind of surprised with everyone taking the corrosion options over Quest items. Corrosion isn't so great here. I suppose you could use it for knocking large animated armours and such into the Cursed Shade. Other than that... animated armours don't care, the cursing monsters you don't want to get into prolonged fights with, and the bosses can never be beside each other. Quest items (and cheap today) normally gets you something really good.

The blue bead was taken for conversion fodder, because I didn't really want the other options The JJ prep was also largely ignored... I didn't really feel that Dracul was necessary with CA to make the Cursed Shade rather trivial (which is why I really didn't care about corrosion items). And with everything so nicely lined up to take out the Cursed Shade (mace even helped take off his over heal early as a way to spend red before a level up), I knew that I'd have all my resources for the Dragon. Plus CA leveled me to the point where it made more sense to buy Reflex for the Dragon than Whupaz.

And thanks for the congratulations... I'm going on vacation in early July and travelling will certainly break my streak then, but until then, one day at a time, moving my marker up.
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:51 pm

AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Vampire in DoubleDoom

This one was so easy. Bloodcows everywhere. Easily doable as Warmonger. I did not even use any bloodpools.
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons