[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dailies Thread

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:13 am

Oh, you do impress me, so does Astral, really, I love a cool victory screen, it's not false praise! And you're way better than intermdiate-to-advanced. And you gave me plenty of ideas for cool and fun runs, it happens all the time. Time spent in a dungeon isn't generally that important to me as a "badge", I just happened to get a look at it and ponder some stuff.

Anyway, that's what the daily board is currently telling me, not just about you specifically, but about the whole "optimal" and "tier 1" and "opportunity cost" and playstyle conundrums - small sample, though - it's that the way I go at it doesn't produce results significantly worse than ones someone with a lot more effort or time put in, and people who try to chase the time enough to beat me significantly also get lower numbers on most of the other tabs. This doesn't mean I'm playing it "right", but it could mean I'm close to a nicely balanced perspective (as much as a veteran player can have one). "Optimizing" stuff harder than this doesn't necessarily produce significantly more impactful results, not cosely enough for people to have to be terrified of my advice or so suspicious of stuff I dig up.

And hell, I'm more of a puzzle player than a roguelike player, myself, I just took the whole thing as a puzzle and I'm trying to see where everythign fits ^^

---

Right - Dailies Thread, from now on, sorry for any annoyance / grief I might've caused :( I really am!
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:26 am

DON'T SPOIL TODAYS ONE. Those who've done it will know. Props to the designer, very clever. Whish I hadn't done it in the middle of the night, and I whish I haven't Yendor'd my way through too many Vamp runs, because my score will suck today :lol:

Anyway, yesterday's one if anyone remembers - did anyone go PoS? I'm curious what the end stats on PoS look like compared to non PoS ones. I went JJ all the way through with Draco's Heart.
Lujo

Postby Astral on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:46 am

Nope, didn't have Pissorf. I guess you needed an extra glyph for that, and I was using the more + less glyphs combo.
It was really fun though, had so much mana, health and damage I was able to hunt down big shades with keep casting Weytwut + Bysseps.

Anyone tried prepping more than 1 god already? What happens?
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:49 am

No sure, but you didn't need extra glyph, since there was a Binlor altar, which I, being an idiot, desecrated immediatley.
Lujo

Postby TheSchachter on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:49 am

Heh, I played the latest daily absolutely terribly and found myself one hit short of winning it. I definitely should have taken it more seriously, but there's a specific mistake that cost me the game. Ah well, I can't say I'm proud to see my win% go down so early XD

Loving the dailies, very interested by the chemist, but I have very little time to play at the moment. I'll give my impressions/bug findings in the main thread once I've had the time to really look into everything. That said, I'm so excited about the new stuff!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Astral on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:54 am

You had a Binlor Lujo? My altars were JJ, MA and TT.

You'll love the chemist Schachter, it's really awesome :)
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby lieronet on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:55 am

I went with the time-tested strat of dying like an idiot to test something, but I had prepped Mystra (big mistake), Extra Glyph, Dragon Heart, and something irrelevant. Was going to try swinging a hybrid, would have been neat.

Today's is pretty sweet indeed, although I wonder if the dailies are designed or if they're all RNG.
lieronet

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 am

Strange, I had Binlor, and with the Glenrick, JJ to swap into from Binlor 2 translocation scrolls and all the junk it would've worked great as far as winning is concerned (it just doesn't fail much there), but I somehow ended up not doing it for some reason, not sure why.

Today's smells of designed rather than RNG, at least partially, but it's very cool. I thought I wouldn't drop a game for sure, turns out I forgot I'm not too good with Vamps these days. Got through, but I floundered.
Lujo

Postby TheSchachter on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:09 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:17 am

That'd make sense.

Who's name is "BONERS" on the Leaderboard? He's just won it, beat me on damage quite a bit, we're about even on the other stuff, and I'm at my set-clock-by-it 12ish minutes and he's at 30. And the leaderboards say Schatcher hasn't finished yet?
Last edited by Lujo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons