[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:26 pm

AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:50 pm

*Goatperson in Berserker Camp*

Very easy Goatperson run. I don't really see any problems if you pick the correct preps. Funny thing for me was that I thought that the 3rd god would be Pactmaker since I was just bouncing between two gods for a long time.
Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:30 am

Yesterday (Gorgon in Grimm's Grotto) I prepped JJ and got low XP because of it. And if I had been trying for that I could have gotten quite a bit lower.

Today, though, is a good day to use JJ to try for high...

* Gnome Warlord in Havendale bridge *

... as the Slayer Wand is in the preps, so you can upgrade the mid-boss from level 5 to 10. Not only that, but my preps also got me Wicked Guitar which got me two more level 10s. Still, my early top score of 340 almost certainly well short of the actual max.

EDIT: I just noticed that I seem to have a huge early lead on damage and piety as well. Come on people, show me what you got.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:46 am

Looks like I got top XP in yesterday's (Human Berserker in Southern Swamp). I'm guessing that '(^+^)' lost the opportunity to have Yendor by taking the Blue Bead.
Bwrgarbl

Postby shade_of_ox on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:13 am

I'm new to dailies, so can someone explain what the competition is all about? What are you trying to maximize to get the top of the leaderboard? Time?
shade_of_ox

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:14 am

Maximize whatever you want. Speed runners go for low time. But you can also go for top XP or bottom XP. Both require skill and have tricks to learn and master. Maximizing damage or piety can also be done because those have columns too. A lot of people go for maximizing their streak though. All of these have trade offs that can get in the way of others at times.

For me, I typically go for the win first and maximizing XP after. This results in okay XP scores, but not ones that would be truly competitive (to be truly competitive, you need to map most of level first so you can work out the best sequence... it also typically requires being aggressive on your kills and following the kill chain). If a vampire shows up, I might go for max piety... it depends on where the altars are located and the presence of the stone sigil though. If a Rat shows up, it can be an opportunity to low XP... or high XP on maps where killing everything would be very difficult. If a Goblin shows up, then I really like to maximize XP... it limits what you can do with money and shops, taking the +/- prep if available (giving up two options that could increase your survivability), and requires going into Taurog for all that tasty gear if you can (potentially taking a prep).
Bwrgarbl

Postby Vemb on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:53 am

*Goatperson in Rock Garden*

Prepping Elite Items (and Translocation Scroll) gives early Yendor. Food management gets ridiculously easy with HALPMEH and BLUDTUPOWA. Overall fairly easy Goatperson run.
Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:28 pm

I was sure that PM was the third altar, right up until level 7 when, much to my surprise, I discovered a RED sparkle. Dracul never came out to play even after that... I leveled up once more after killing Tomithy just to see if he would show up late, and it was still nope.
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 am

woohoo, I am the first one to win the rat today:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4CC12CD65/

Weird, I thought Yendor was always in the preps. What happened today? It must be a glitch. :)
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 pm

By the way, why is everybody prepping extra attack boosters on a rat? It always cracks me up when I see it.

I remember once I saw somebody prepped JJ on a vampire run. :))))
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons