[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby FuscaBat on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:21 am

Rat Monarch in Hexx Ruins

Made my most embarrassing mistake so far... Prepped GG thinking I would use absolution to start attacking high levels more easily, and cleansing to deal with revenant poison. Completely forgot about the large prayer beads! Of the 20 people who have played so far, I was the only one to make this mistake!

Second altar was PM, I had to explore about 80% of the map to find Mystera for converting. A lucky combination of platemail, LEMMISI and Cha'Dylan subdungeon made this dungeon very doable.

Pretty much the only thing I did right was avoiding mystic balance in favour of body pact and usable LEMMISI.
FuscaBat

Postby srid on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:47 pm

So, here is my 29 health potion video from the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0eSpHT72s

I don't know why, but Refreshment didn't work as intended, it somehow triggered before Spirit Sword instead of after.
I suspect that it is somehow linked to the Less Glyph prep as well, but I couldn't explain it so far.

Even after looking at the game's code, I still can't explain what's happening there.

I believe that I could have gotten Chaos Avatar if I had switched to JJ and desecrated MA with the collar. But I was afraid to get screwed by getting randomly Mana Burned by JJ, so I didn't go that way.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Spleen on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Spleen

Postby srid on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:30 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby FuscaBat on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Vampire in the Labyrinth

As I type this post, this DERP has 62 losses and 1 victory (congrats, jjj!) I decided to post this now for anyone who is seeking a challenge.

Four reasons why this DERP is very difficult:

One thing I was trying is killing enemies with fireball pops while simultaneously killing popcorn. This requires some painstaking mathematics to pull off, but if your adjacent tiles include 2 walls, one empty tile and one popcorn, then Rex is guaranteed to take the place of the popcorn, and you may pass the popped foe.

Eventually, I ran out of options and had to start fighting either boss. I was underleveled and didn't have enough blood cows, so failure was inevitable.

However,

Good luck to anyone who wants to try this DERP!

EDIT: The day ended with only one victory on the leaderboards.
FuscaBat

Postby arakasi on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 am

Yeah, if I were to redo this, I'd try to save a few more blood cows by pushing them out of my way. However, I converted it at a point when I really needed the lifesteal (in retrospect, I didn't need it THAT much). I managed to kill Rex with all my resources, but didn't have a chance to take down the final boss. Has there ever been a daily with only one success?
arakasi

Postby srid on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:54 pm

srid

Postby FuscaBat on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:10 am

Rat Monarch in Magma Mines

This was by far my most upsetting loss so far, because I revealed about three quarters of the map without finding any glyphs. I should've taken a screenshot for the approx. 1/4000 bad rng.
FuscaBat

Postby peperc2 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:34 am

Dwarf Bloodmage in Berserker Camp

What should be a walk in the park became probably my closest win ever, thanks to

And it doesn't even matter cuz I must've forgotten I missed a daily in the past week to continue my streak.
peperc2

Postby Nic on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:41 am

Your semiregular Goatperson in The Labyrinth is here! Here's your spoiler since I sure as heck wasn't lucky enough:
Nic

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons