[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 am

* Goatperson in the Labyrinth *

This one is gonna be super hard. I am actually thinking of prepping MA and/or Binlor for the Rex fight.
Otherwise I am not even sure how he can be killed.
AvovA17

Postby Nic on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:28 am

The layout is also very unforgiving for finding enough killable monsters to eat. If you intend to win, you probably want to get someone to screenshot their death screen and spoil the map.
Nic

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:31 am

AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:48 pm

AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 pm

AvovA17

Postby srid on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 pm

I'm going to give it a try.
Last edited by srid on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:26 pm

So which gods did you get after prepping Binlor? MA might not be needed with the Spirit Pact.
But if Binlor replaces Pactmaker, then you really want MA as well.
AvovA17

Postby srid on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 pm

So, this was doable after all...

I clearly couldn't have done it without studying the spoiler screenshot.
I don't have time right now to relate how I did it in details, but I will tomorrow.

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:53 am

AvovA17

Postby srid on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:00 am

So, here is my story for the Goatperson in a Labyrinth DERP.

Of course, I had a long look at the spoiler screenshot
before and throughout the run to know what to do.

I usually don't do that, but since literally everyone who tried
it died, I mostly wanted to see if this DERP was utterly impossible or not.

Preps: Compression seal, Transmutation seal, Binlor, Elite Items

I was hoping to find Yendor or something, but in the end I found exactly 0 elite items.

Level 1: Started with Binlor.
Since I was a Goatperson, he didn't gave me pisorf, so I took is punishment at level up, it didn't matter I had no resistances. I took Burndayraz and Bludtopowa, and the shop item which was a Health Pendant. I used these to kill a level 2 snake without getting poisoned.

Level 2: Taurog
I went to kill all the level 1 Half-dragons to maximize piety. I even used my transmutation seal to reach for the level 2 half-dragon on the right side of the map.
I tried to use as little glyphs as possible and kill as much popcorn as possible to maximize piety.

Level 3: Dracul
I had around 40 piety, so I took 1 level of lifesteal and I took Blood Curse. I was hoping it would make me change god at the same time.

Level 4: Still Dracul
Obviously it did not.
I went to fetch some boosters and killed a few level 4 and popcorn. I fetched Trisword and Gettindare to help me for physical fights. Thanks to lifesteal I had around 50 piety when I leveled up.

Level 5: Binlor
Finally. Bought endiswal and started to cut through walls. I went to reveal the remaining glyphs in preparation for the Rex fight, and to find the few remaining popcorn and killable enemies. I hesitated to take Stone Fist but decided to keep my piety for Taurog in case I had to fight Rex with him.
I bought Dragon Soul to help me in the fight against Rex. It only triggered twice or thrice during the run, which is not huge,
but better than none.

Level 6: Taurog
I started to wonder if the god change was random or cycling...
I continued killing enemies, preferably half-dragons, to get more piety. Rex started to follow me, but I got lucky with positionning and always had Endiswal and 6 mana ready to get away anyway.
I wanted to fight Rex at level 7, but I also wanted to make my glyph conversion count for Taurog, so I prepped a level up (had to kill a level 7 serpent and use a potion), started to fireball Taurog, used my health on a level 8 gorgon (which was a waste), converted a glyph, bought Taurog's Armor (didn't equip it) and leveled up.

Level 7: Dracul
Finishing Taurog was quite easy.
I used all my mana potions, converted one or two more glyphs (Probably byceps and Imawall), Dragon Soul gave me one free cast IIRC, and I had 25 piety left so I took two level and Sanguine and used that to fuel Bludtopowa.
I equiped Taurog's Armor and continued leveling up.

Level 8: Binlor
Found last shop that contained... a viper ward (duh).
Started to prepare for the SMM fight: took Stone Fist boon and bought a Can of Whupazz. I started to push SMM in the wall line on the right side of the screen, so that I could farm enough piety to get Stone Form, but I realized with horror that one of the non-revealed wall was in fact water...
So much for Stone Fist...
So I killed the remaining level 7 zombies and level up.

Level 9: Taurog
Bought the Skullsplicer, and continued the fight with SMM. Used all my potions, a lot of blood pools, some blackspace,
and converted most of my glyphs, Viper Ward which I bought just for that, Dragon Soul, until I got read of the beast.

Once I won I left the dungeon immediately, didn't want to screw it up.

I should learn how to record videos of my game, that would be simpler...

srid

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons