[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dailies Thread

Postby Tinker on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:39 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Astral on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:02 pm

There was something that allowed you to play like another infamous class.

Though I get what you mean, I auto-converted everything else as well.

@Lujo
My bet it's for the unique experience, and because you cannot retry these runs they are also more 'valauable' or one of kind. Don't know how to phrase it, but it's limited supply makes it feel more important.

The scoring is baseless so far, so it's not for competition in my books. Maybe if we get tougher dailies as well, the win streak will be a metric of success.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby flap on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:13 pm

flap

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Eh, that last part is tricky. It's not an unique experience, everyone's playing the same map.

It's inevitable that dailies will be talked about, everyone's instinct is to rush and write up what they did, it's what we do every time we do a run, but on this run I kinda floundered and threw away all the special perks that I could've exploited, which I wouldn't have done had I known before had what was in there. For someone with less experience this could mean the difference between winning and not winning. In fact, screw experience, I wasn't sure I was gonna win, either, but with beforehand knowledge of glyphs, subs and twists it would've turned from "how do I even win" into a lolstomp. The way it turned out tested my skill, forethought and the ability to think on the fly (and I did only so-so on the second part, and failed quite hard on the third one) and my stats do reflect that. Foreknowlegde, especially if we're all playing the same map, makes the winning streak no metric of anything. You just have to play it later in the day once a bunch of people have solved it for you.

Time, however, isn't easy to jack at certain intervals. The only way to really make it competitive was if time was capped.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:42 pm

What I might do as of tomorrow (I already did today's Daily) is to make a screenshot or two of the daily, for discussion the day after. I don't mind talking about the stuff with 1-day delay, what I do mind is forgetting the details like preps (must remember as Leaderboard lists completely random stuff instead of the actual preps), and stuff. I'm sure today's challenge is interesting enough that we could talk about it tomorrow as well... :)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Astral on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Yeah, this daily is going to remain an interesting topic till tomorrow for sure.

Out of curiousity, did you prep Fine Sword + Slayer Wand + Stone Sigil + Bearmace too?
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby caviar on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:15 pm

caviar

Postby TheSchachter on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:46 pm

Perhaps we should just start a *SPOILERS* dailies thread? People who want to cheat are going to find a way to do it anyway. It'd be a shame to limit discussion of the challenge while it's still fresh in our minds...
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Yes, I think so, too. Cheating will always find a way, so it's better to have a spoiler thread that everybody who doesn't want to know can avoid.
berpdreyfuss

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons