[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:43 am

Half-Dragon on Grimm's Grotto

Last edited by AvovA17 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:44 am

AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:34 am

Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 pm

The reason to take the transmutation seal in today's run is to protect against the level generation of Grimm's Grotto. It uses an older original system that doesn't weight close monsters to lower levels, making it somewhat notorious for having impossible starts where you're locked in a small area blocked by monsters you can't deal with. Like Vemb, I checked to see that people were having good success without it before I passed on it. A high failure rate in Grimm's Grotto is normally a sign that people are getting trapped.

Also, items in your shops might not be in other peoples, so you should typically add "with my preps" when mentioning things. Today, quest items was available along with at least two items from the shop lists... taking quest items changes the order of the list, and taking a shop item removes it from the list. Changes to the list means that the same number doesn't always get you the same item. I had different preps today, but got the Balanced Dagger too... mine was well away in the corner though, and was only useful for me to milk some extra during cleanup. By the time I found it, I was already doing level+3s and even thinking about a level+4, so I just stuck with that.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Vemb on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:47 pm

I didn't want to rely on knockback to move the troll... if I count on that the river and monsters will conspire to block moving him. So I just took JJ and teleported him at level one.
Bwrgarbl

Postby jamberine on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 am

I've been reading this thread after doing the daily for quite some time but never felt compelled to post until now. It's possible I did something wrong and someone had less trouble, but that was the toughest daily I've ever done.
jamberine

Postby Nic on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:15 am

Goatperson in Rock Garden

The layout is incredibly harsh (nigh linear). If you don't have to worry about your run's legitimacy, I heavily recommend looking up the layout before diving in. Didn't even make it to lv2...
Nic

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:05 am

Yeah, it was brutal. I had to waste all of my glyphs early. Almost got to level 8, but I had no glyphs and no potions left.
AvovA17

Postby Jordan767 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 am

That was probably the hardest daily I've ever played (Did win though). Completion time just shy of an hour...I don't tend to be a terribly fast player anyway but that was a hard one.
Highlights:
Jordan767

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons