[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Vemb on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:57 am

*Goatperson in Creeplight Ruins*

Fairly easy for goatperson run.

Vemb

Postby dhamster on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:50 am

monk in cursed oasis? uh oh

e: geez that was hard. just barely squeaked by though
dhamster

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:27 am

* Human Monk in Cursed Oasis *

I was concerned... success rate looked low, and monks do not enjoy the Cursed Oasis.

But I didn't squeak through, I blew it away, and was in good enough shape that I was looking for a monster party. Yendor was a big part of that... it gets you a double catapult for running though a boss.

Bwrgarbl

Postby dhamster on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:38 pm

dhamster

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:32 pm

I think Binlor is also a very good starting god: almost every monster has magical attack, so Binlor is perfect for building up magic resist. You can strip away resists too from Curse Shade if you have extra walls to spare.

The problem is he is far from the start though.

I tried to kill as many non-cursing monsters as possible and revealed most of the map to get all the glyphs.
After that I descended into the curse realm to clear it up.

One thing to keep in mind: when you kill Curse Shade, do not pick up Dragon Soul right away. There was a lot of easy XP from the shades that I missed cause I picked it up quickly without thinking, and it teleported me back into the normal realm.
AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:13 pm

I looked at Binlor, but today's Oasis is open with not a huge amount of walls. So you need to be careful what you buy there... knockback is always good for the Cursed Shade, allowing you to save a bunch of blackspace for the Dragon if you want (I just saved a good amount in walls and the pool). You really can't buy a lot stuff from Binlor with the walls and location of the altar today... so I just saved the altar for desecration. JJ offers much of the same stuff... 20 extra hitpoints did what the magic resistance would have done for me (while powering up all the potions), and I got a better stripping option.
Bwrgarbl

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:40 am

I played 2 dailies back to back, today's one is tougher definitely, Rat Monarch in Shifting Passages!!!

It's really quite tough if you aren't used to playing Rat, all I can say is it's still doable, and you can read my spoilers if you are not confident and need more tips:

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:13 pm

Yeah, that was looking like a close one for a while. I made some errors and even a couple misclicks early that could have cost me it.

Bwrgarbl

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat May 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Death today due to my buggy mouse double click, especially with this kind of character (monk) where I need to click attack multiple times...

Checking my previous post, wow, exactly 1 month ago when I first lost a daily due to my buggy mouse. After that, it got better, but occasionally still bugging out (but not fatal). Too bad today it decided to trigger...
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat May 05, 2018 10:34 pm

* Goblin Monk in the Magma Mines *

Yeah, I had a bit of a rough time on this one due to me forgetting that monks have resistance and shouldn't just casually sack Binlor's altar (playing too fast... I normally check, which would have reminded me). So I just switched up to being a caster and going after the physical immune brother instead... because there was some good casting stuff around including B2P. Which allowed me to makeup for the handicap on my regen melee fighting.
Bwrgarbl

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons