[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Bwrgarbl on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:44 am

AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:12 am

Yes, I did it!!! I finally beat '(^+^)' on experience! I got almost double of his XP this time!
Proof:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/955209910515298354/CE644B85AE63D0C6186FC779B7D3A800DBEB5C95/

:lol:
AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:35 am

* Goblin Fighter in the Southern Swamp *

My 492 is probably not near the highest XP that can be done today. I did convert all of Taurog's gear, and used Yendor, JJ was there... and I also got through a fair number of level 10s out of Smackle Funky's. But I know I was pretty sloppy... leveling was far from ideal, and a good number of monsters weren't slowed.
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:37 am

Yeah, I realized very late (when I already converted everything) that I could "buy" 10 easy xp from the shop for 3gp.
AvovA17

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:22 am

Deadly daily today, lost

Goblin Chemist in The Labyrinth

Gonna give spoilers anyway.

Default gods: Taurog, TT, MA (she's at middle top edge, slightly to the right but you wouldn't be able to access her if you didn't prep Transmutation Scroll, have to go the long way through mobs from the center to right path)

2nd boss is Iron Man

Sub is Yin Yang

I made a mistake (forgot about having to kill Yin and Yang within 2 blows). But even with that, it would be really close and probably I still couldn't win. Anyway, my run, I was forced to take on Rex early, level 5 (ready to ding to 6). I had to take Flames boon from MA, desecrate the other 2 gods (since I prepped Agnostic's Collar and had to free it up to pick up B2P). Found Iron Man really late (like a few tiles left), thought I would have a better chance if I made use of the 2 swords below both for higher damage and 2 extra hits since my damage is already pathetic with Flames boon taken.
Made mistake, but anyway would be hard still.

You probably can win if you prepped Dracul and maybe also MA. MA first for Rex, Dracul to finish up Iron Man.

Default glyphs I can't really remember, there was B2P, Alpheesik, Halpmeh, Burndayraz, last one I think was getindare (?) or Lemissi (can't remember).

No notable shop items, some good ones for conversion, that's about it.

Good luck guys!

[Oh, and Rex is at bottom left corner, I discovered him early which was super bad. And I converted Bysseps early since I took the cost adjustment boon from MA, probably that with halpmeh could have helped me do more damage to Iron Man, but that would be without the cheaper fireball option, and I would have not been able to kill Rex first. Anyway, long story short: I lost, was a tough daily]
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Goblin Chemist in the Labyrinth

I was able to beat it barely with your spoilers.
I am not sure what strategy other people used, our preps are very different. Some people did not
even prep magnet:fireball, and still won. I guess it was close to the start?

I prepped two gods: Mystera for the start and to fight Rex, and Dracul for the second boss. I would do that even without the spoilers though. Chemist needs refills from gods. Especially on this map, where you have no blackspace in the endgame due to the structure of the maze.

Difficulty is 130% in this dungeon, so without heavy preps or Binlor I could only manage 1 level higher kills at best.
And even those I had to regen-fight. Rex started following me when I was level 5. I was able to get to level 6,
fireball him, convert to level up again, fireballs and B2P, Schadenfreude, and he died since I also got 1 fireball from each glyph conversion via Refreshment boon. I had to sit down and count how many fireballs and how much damage I could dish out in a spreadsheet.

After that I purchased Viper Ward to kill some snakes, and converted to Dracul. I think I was able to reach level 9 with some kills and some conversions, and I also bought 10% resist shield. The rest of the items were garbage only good for conversion, like Rock heart, +10hp, Bloody Sigil(I had to buy and convert it), maybe Fine Sword, spoon?, Troll heart, Whurrgarbl, and the like. I do not rememeber any Elite items in the shops. With Dracul killing the last boss was trivial though.

The second boss is top right corner, and there are some goblins in that corner too IIRC.
My gods were Dracul and Mystera (prepped, right at the start), and Taurog, also close to the center.

At least it was not gnome Chemist, that would have been just cruel.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Looking at the leaderboard, I realize to win without Dracul you had to use IAMAWAL, I guess. Then you could reach much higher levels for the Rex fight, probably. Does he count petrifications as kills, I wonder? He starts following you after 20 kills normally.

I guess with Taurog you could also convert his gear for 60CP and -10% attack penalty.
AvovA17

Postby srid on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:34 pm

I don't do DERPs much, usually, but the really low success rate of today made me want to give it a try.

I prepped the Agnostic Colar, the scrolls and health pendant.
I won the dungeon, but it was tough.

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:49 pm

How do you go in without prepping the Fireball magnet?
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons