[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:06 am

* Rat Monarch in Hexx Ruins *

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the tales of a sleepy idiot:

AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:30 am

* Vampire in Shifting Passages *

Phew, that was close. The random boss is a lot of trouble.
Quicksilver activated only after like 10 hits, insane. it was my last hit.
Basically, I got lucky again. Also, I could not find any glyphs for a very long time.
I was getting really nervous about that.

PS: If DBeatch wins this one, I will eat my hat: he prepped Dracul instead of the Bear Mace:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 696E7C533/
AvovA17

Postby Xenagie on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:50 am

*Vampire in Shifting Passages*
Yikes, this one was rough. If I hadn't practiced the hell out of Vampire Shifting Halls, I would have ended my streak right there. If I hadn't looked at the daily leaderboard, and saw the percentage of deaths, I wouldn't have taken the map seriously enough, and lost. If I hadn't found Bleaty very quickly, I wouldn't have properly saved for Quicksilver and the Badge of Honor, and probably would have converted GETINDARE as well, and have lost. I ended with a moderate amount of resources, but I was having a VERY neurotic run. I alt-tabbed to a calculator to make sure I wasn't missing a hit on Bleaty, for God's sake.

On a side note, I came in thinking the bear mace was conversion fodder since I normally don't get the utility others do out of it, but was pleasantly surprised by it this run. The opened, then labyrinthine map structure of Shifting Passages meant I wasn't constantly being forced to knock enemies into black space, and it allowed me to push my blood cows safely into corners. This was probably old news to everyone else who reads this, but it's always neat to me when I'm still learning new tricks after many, many hours of play.

P.S. @AvovA17 I also had to take a real drubbing before Quicksilver would activate, although it was closer to 5 or 6 than to 10. It really makes me curious about how this is actually calculated in game.
Xenagie

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:14 pm

AvovA17

Postby Xenagie on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:34 am

Yeah, I thought about using ENDISWAL but I think if I had leveled up enough to have 101 health, I feel I would have ran out of blackspace for mana regen and had to kill more of my blood cows for XP -- and then I would have been in bad shape for Evolvia. I'm not sure, but it would have definitely made it harder on an already hard map.

The bear mace is good, I just feel other people use it more effectively than I do. In tight, winding maps I end up in situations where the enemy I need to kill is being bowled down a long corridor, while healing faster than my low level character, and in open maps I end up not being in a situation to use it as much. It's usually not even that bad, but I think the loss aversion bias makes it seem more annoying than it really is. It just meshed really well on a map where I could explore around the character I wanted to fight, and then use it once the walls closed in.
Xenagie

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:38 am

AvovA17

Postby Xenagie on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:48 am

Xenagie

Postby Beatch on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:57 am

Beatch

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:42 am