[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Vemb on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:56 am

Vemb

Postby devilchn on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:04 am

That was a bit scary! Early game went well due to the large damage reduction with both shields, but I really had some problems juggling all my items and chose not to pick up BLUDTOPOWA, so I had to expend more food. Had to make due with WEYTWUT as my only combat glyph for a long time, and things started to get ugly around level 4 or so, where I was out of food. I even went to 4 HP two times just from exploring, and converted BTP and LEMMISI right off the ground to keep going, as well as my Soul Orb. Used 2 potions to discover and finally kill a lvl 5 goat in my weakened state. Right after leveling up from that, I found some popcorn again and then HALPMEH, so things were looking up a bit. Still very little inventory room though. I was in Taurog and killed some stronger dragons, so no net piety loss. At level 8, I started fighting Evlvia, and had to convert HALPMEH directly after the first hit because of 80% physres and no room for Fireball. Still, it went well, with the mysterious potion, one health potion and the use of 1 Clearance and entanglement. After that, I used a refill on Aequitas and bought Mage Plate and Schadenfreude with 3 Mana Potions left, so he went down very easily. Didn't even need to use another Clearance or Plantation with 20+ pools on the map. All in all, Elven Boots and JJ's mana increase made this map very possible.
devilchn

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:45 am

* Orc Chemist in Hexx Ruins *

People wonder why I don't often bother with prepping refill with Chemists. Today I prepped Crystal Ball, and as usual, I had no use for it other than conversion for a bunch (it had an insane number of charges on it). And I also brought MA... spent the piety on Refresh, never used that either. Made use out of the two max mana I bought and the rest was farmed to another god (as Mystic Balance is buggy with Chemist BYSSEPS).

Still, people are doing quite well considering the random boss and Chemist... I would have expected a higher kill rate even this early.

Bwrgarbl

Postby Nic on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:36 am

* Elf Monk in Ick Swamp *

Monk (with elf no less...) in Ick Swamp is always miserable but this shouldn't be too hard as long as you play with the usual carefulness that Ick demands. Really Big Sword will help against the prince.
Then again, when it takes 15 minutes to get to BURNDAYRAZ, you tend to forget that you packed that Codex...
Nic

Postby Vemb on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm

*Goatperson in Ick Swamp*

The map wasn't too bad by *Goatperson in Ick Swamp* standards. With prepared Mystera gods didn't give much trouble - not that they were particularly useful either. There is WONAFYT very near the start, so food wasn't much of a problems.
Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:29 pm

AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Nothing so exciting... I never angered MA, just Binlor at the start. Just wasn't really paying attention and started playing too quick and then suddenly died from a misclick on a monster instead of the plant beside it.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Nic on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:48 am

Goatperson in Magma Mines

Another run where it's hard to find food.
Nic

Postby Vemb on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:11 pm

AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons