[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby William on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 am

*Rat Monarch in Havendale Bridge*

Nice daily. Managed to currently have the top XP in the sane people category.

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Magic Rabbit on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:08 am

etis atis animatis
Magic Rabbit

Postby William on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby silverkitty23 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:14 pm

silverkitty23

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:48 am

Top XP and Piety in today's delay, shameless brag post again:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8E55795ED/

Anyway, yesterday's daily of Vampire in Shifting Passages was really hard, I didn't play too well also, and didn't buy any shop item until very late (was hoping to see a Crystal Ball or something).

In the end, I barely beat Aequitas, didn't really think I could win too because I only had like 2 mana potions, a few health potions, a few blood pools and some gold to buy stuff.

I think it was something like overheal (exhausted my popcorn so this was the only one I could do), then 2 fireballs and reflex and this settles about half of his HP. The other half was something like 2 attacks (I was able to tank a hit after buying the helm thing, forgot name, and I even bought and converted away Bloody Sigil which actually could help to further boost max HP), then use 2 mana potions to top up mana to 14, enough for 1 fireball and weytwut for the finishing blow.

I didn't really expect that I was able to pull off a win considering what I was left with. In fact, I thought all was lost when I realized I couldn't tank a hit from the boss and had only 1 popcorn left to overheal. Really glad that I didn't just give up the run.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 am

The Vampire run was probably a lot easier for us that brought in the Orb of Zot... hit Aequitas with three fireballs, melee to level up, repeat a couple times, spend a potion maybe, dead. Then you can convert the Orb for more drain (as taking +/- gets you so much to being with).

But today, we're back yet again:

* Gorgon in the Shifting Passages *

Bwrgarbl

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:07 am

Brag post again, Top everything: Damage, XP and Piety (+ Longest time to complete),

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3BED6E860/

Was a "challenge" for me to worship EM from the start in such a congested map and to make the most use (as best as I could) of the 3 gods (EM, TT, and PM) for XP (and Piety) maxing.

Nice job by Phyre also, for playing dailies Purist, cool!
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Magic Rabbit on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 am

Just a little funny moment.
It was a cold midday of the fall when I decided to try an iOS DD daily quest.
A simple quest - Half-Dragon on Eastern Tundra.
While doing initial scouting routine i noticed a strange feeling inside me.
Like... like im missing something.
Something very convenient.
Something we always not noticing while having it, but cant do anything without it.

Honestly i dont know, is it OK for ET to have this issue, or do we even have someone here playing iPad version, but its just a little funny moment.
etis atis animatis
Magic Rabbit

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:58 am

This is why I can't get high streaks any more. Stupid misclicks.

Playing my daily and doing other things at the same time, I was going to go for top XP, so I haven't killed the 2nd boss.

Ended up I thought drinking 1 health potion was enough to give me enough HP to hit a L9 (same level as my character) one more time before I kill it after using EM's entanglement. And it was too late before I noticed I died. I simply just drank a potion and clicked on the mob without thinking, died before I could realize my mistake. No...oooo!!!!!!
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby devilchn on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 am

Vampire in Shifting Passages

Tough run. I managed to win, but it came down to my last hit, and although there is some margin for error, it's not much. I even had to resort to advanced shenanigans like buying Mage Plate only for drinking a Potion and converting it immediately after, though this can obviously be utilized better if you plan ahead, so I could have gotten one more hit. You cannot afford to buy all that much, as you absolutely need Whupaz, and obviously your conversions aren't going to help you against the 2nd boss (you can probably guess who it is). However, given what the sub is and Battlemage Ring being in the preps, BLUDTOPOWA might actually be very useful here if you have the inventory space. Speaking of the ring, don't forget that it's worth a huge amount of gold with the scroll. Good luck to anyone attempting this!
devilchn

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons