[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby dislekcia on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:38 am

Yup. I believe the DD saves storage is over 12GB now, that's compressed and extremely minimally stored using a bunch of tricks. The dailies for just a week are something like a few hundred megs and that with not too many people playing anymore... We'd be storing loads of data that wasn't really useful to anyone - how many times would that be accessed?

The other element to consider is that we'd have to deal with much slower auth queries on that DB due to size (unless we did a whole bunch of weird shunting of data when it moved out of the current day, which is more load on our server), we had to put a lot of time into just getting things working as "fast" as they do now... I doubt we'd be able to afford the servers we'd need to keep a much more expensive implementation up and running right now.
dislekcia

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:05 am

* Elf Thief at Havendale Bridge *

Okay, this one was just insane. Preps include Zot, Elven Boots, and Mana markers. Mystera is one of the default gods. Battlemage ring was in one of my shops. End result, more than seven 6x fireballs worth of mana (and I wasn't even trying to push it, I could have gotten more than eight if I bought conversion fodder). Both bosses melted sooo fast. Bridge Troll was the hardest thing here, as the starter side is pretty bare so I fought through him at level 3 (normally I'd just move him to get to softer monsters on the other side).
Bwrgarbl

Postby silverkitty23 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 am

silverkitty23

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:27 am

I'm at it again, back to brag:

Top Damage, XP and Piety while Purist and nabbing tons of badges, :D

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... D8D4BD7F9/
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:34 am

So, this ends my short Purist streak:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8CAC5BF4B/

Didn't play well at the start, wasted too much blackspace.

Overall, I still don't think I could have won even if I had played better due to the not so very good default items loadout
and the placement of monsters today (too many high level ones blocking each other).

If I had found JJ first, would I have won? Probably slightly better chances (default gods were GG, JJ and Taurog). Also, if Dracul were available, I definitely could have won.

[@Vemb: Now you can claim my top position of total dailies won, :)]
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:41 am

Bwrgarbl

Postby Vemb on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Vemb

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Well, after the 1 easy daily, today's one is a tough one. Decided to play it Purist since there isn't much to lose,
as in a streak of 1 is nothing.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... B075FA21C/

Luckily, I managed to beat it with the help of the shop items and gods and glyphs available. Though, I only beat it barely,
I pisorfed the 2nd boss to Stheno and used corrosion + pisorf knockback damage to kill it and do damage to Stheno. After boss was down, I had to squeeze out whatever available resources to continue using corrosion and pisorf to damage Stheno
indirectly. It was really close, I had to convert health to mana using B2P, get mana from EM, push targets to Stheno to be able to hurt her, push away Wraiths spawned in order to make way for next mob to be pushed into position to damage Stheno, etc. Yeah, it was tough, don't believe it myself that I managed to do it.

Still recall at the start, I had to drink up 3 health potions just to take care of the Wraiths that spawned after killing mobs. Only later after I found EM and Weytwut and Burndayraz before I felt I had a chance to win.

All in all, it was a tough daily especially having to do it Purist, but totally worth it for the satisfaction after managing to beat it.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Beatch on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:13 am

Prep Avatar's Codex.
Kill myself immediately with Avatar's Codex.
Cry a little.
Repeat in two to three months.
Beatch

Postby William on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm

I had a situation today where WONAFYT was in an enclosed area in the middle of the map, surrounded by a wall, and my sub dungeon entrance ladder was also completed blocked off by surrounding walls.

Otherwise the dungeon was straight forward.
"Because Goatperson"
William

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons